- Demand Performance for Benefits. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce;Jan2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on how human resources (HR) professionals can make employees understand the true value of benefits. Need for companies to standardize and consolidate; Practice of companies to link benefits to performance; Importance of bringing benefit plans more closely into alignment with other human...
- HRM and Indian epistemologies: A review and avenues for future research. Pio, Edwina // Human Resource Management Review;Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p319
Abstract: India is emerging as a super power, slated to be among the world''s five largest economies and viewed by international investors, business conglomerates and tertiary education providers as a land of opportunity. A database search since the opening up of the Indian economy in 1991...
- Unlocking the C-suite. Lokhandwala, Shafiq // Employee Benefit News;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p14
The article emphasizes the importance of human resource management system (HRMS) technology to human resource benefits directors. It discusses the procedures for utilizing workforce-related information. It describes the characteristics relevant to HRMS. The article also explains the roles of...
- Do you know what your employees look for in a benefits package? // Business Journal (Central New York);12/17/99, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p16
Presents a questionnaire that tests human resource professionals' awareness of key issues employees look for in a benefit package. Cafeteria style plan; Flex-time; Workplace policies; Family Medical Leave Act; Employment Retirement Income Security Act.
- Applying Strategic Planning Principles to The Design and Management of Employee Benefits. Rappaport, Anna M.; Barocas, Victor S. // Human Resource Planning;1993, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
Strategic benefit planning is one approach for designing and managing employee benefit plans. This paper--by integrating data from a national study on strategic benefit planning with actual corporate planning experiences--combines theory and practice. It provides human resource and benefit...
- HR expert speaks to challenges facing benefits professionals. // Employee Benefit News;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p31
Focuses on the challenges faced by human resource (HR) professionals in an organization. Role of HR professionals in addressing the challenges in employee benefits faced by an organization; Significance of personal responsibility to employees; Functions of an HR personnel.
- As more HR positions are created at board level, staff need to show commercial understanding. // Resourcing;Jul/Aug2008, Issue 7, p13
The article explores the significant role of human resources (HR) professionals play in strengthening recruitment practice in Great Britain. It views that there is a rising growth in human resource practice. Salaries and other high benefit packages attract various potential employees. It cites...
- Flexibility is key to offering the right package. Ross, Douglas // Employee Benefits;May2009, p16
In this article the author discusses that significant role played flexible employee fringe benefits in enhancing the provision of benefits by employers in Great Britain. The author stresses that flexible benefits provide an opportunity for employees to select benefits according to their needs....
- At press time. // Employee Benefit News;09/01/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
Presents updates on employee benefits in the United States as of September 1, 2000. Statistics on wages and benefit costs; Percentage of companies outsourcing human resource (HR) or benefits function; Increase of compensation for HR executives.