Good reporting improves absence at NHS trust
- Earned sick time a win-win for Tucson. GRIFFITH, KELLY // Inside Tucson Business;2/5/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p2
The author discusses the proposed earned sick days policy and concludes that the effects of earned sick and safe time in other communities as documented by researchers are beneficial to both businesses and workers.
- The right to leave. Guinan, Guy // Employers Law;Sep2005, p19
This article highlights the need for employers to exercise caution when dealing with the annual holiday entitlement of employees on long-term sick leave. What does an employer do when an employee claims holiday pay even though they have been on sick leave for a long period? From the employer's...
- More time off after FMLA shows good faith. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the issues concerning on the sick leave rules entitled to eligible employees of Family and Medical Leave act (FLMA) covered employers wherein an employer may limit employees substitution of paid sick leave for unpaid medical leave and required them to return from FMLA leave.
- Leave of Absence Requirements. MORRIS, REBECCA // Franchising World;Jun2013, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p41
The article presents the 10 common leave of absence requirements for job-protected leave. Under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act, an eligible employee is entitled up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave due to their or a family member's serious health condition, birth or adoption of a child or...
- Counting the cost of absence from work. Lacey, Hoda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/2/2005, Issue 2681, p55
Presents a question and answer advisory on leave of absence. Considerations before leave application; Arguments on the legal entitlement to days off sick; Citation of disciplinary procedures an employer may initiate after failing to inform absence.
- Managers 'must ask GPs about staff sick leave' // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p11
Deals with the need for human resource (HR) practitioners to put pressure on general practitioners (GP) to change their approach to writing sick notes, according to HBOS organizational health manager, Mary McFadzean. Way in which HBOS encourages HR managers to write to employees GP themselves;...
- Attend to attendance and the rest will follow. Dempsey, Karen // Personnel Today;6/20/2006, p14
The article presents the author's views on issues concerning sick leave in companies. According to the author, trust issues are raised by the question of whether sickness of an employee is genuine or not. Argument is made by physicians that more responsibility for their workers' health should be...
- A sick joke. Birmingham, John // BRW;6/7/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p14
The article addresses the issue of the cost to the Australian businesses of employees who go to work despite being sick. According to the author, some employees believe that sick leaves are too valuable to waste on illness. The author states that some workers prefer to spend their sick leaves on...
- Determinants for return to work among sickness certified patients in general practice. von Celsing, Anna-Sophia; Sv„rdsudd, Kurt; Eriksson, Hans-G; Bj”rkegren, Karin; Eriksson, Margaretha; Wallman, Thorne // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1077
Background: Long-term sickness absence is one of the main risk factors for permanent exit out of the labour market. Early identification of the condition is essential to facilitate return to work. The aim of this study was to analyse possible determinants of return to work and their relative...