Good reporting improves absence at NHS trust
- Earned sick time a win-win for Tucson. GRIFFITH, KELLY // Inside Tucson Business;2/5/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p2
The author discusses the proposed earned sick days policy and concludes that the effects of earned sick and safe time in other communities as documented by researchers are beneficial to both businesses and workers.
- Missing Person. Chordas, Lori // Best's Review;Apr2009, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p49
The article discusses disability and employee absences that affect efficiency and productivity in companies in the U.S. It states that employee absences is costly since it is an additional expense. Disability absence is seen as a growing problem for companies and employers turn to disability...
- The right to leave. Guinan, Guy // Employers Law;Sep2005, p19
This article highlights the need for employers to exercise caution when dealing with the annual holiday entitlement of employees on long-term sick leave. What does an employer do when an employee claims holiday pay even though they have been on sick leave for a long period? From the employer's...
- More time off after FMLA shows good faith. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the issues concerning on the sick leave rules entitled to eligible employees of Family and Medical Leave act (FLMA) covered employers wherein an employer may limit employees substitution of paid sick leave for unpaid medical leave and required them to return from FMLA leave.
- Wish you weren't here? -- sickness and annual leave. Stevens, Mark // Optometry Today;9/7/2012, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p18
The article focuses on the entitlement of employees to their annual leave. It discusses the request of some employees to reschedule their annual leave because they are unwell during the date of their annual leave. Information is presented on a Spanish collective agreement which do not allow...
- Paid sick days are a human right. GRESHAM, GEORGE // New York Amsterdam News;1/5/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p10
The article presents the author's views on paid sick leaves of working New Yorkers. He comments that only 16 percent lack paid sick leave among those in the top quarter while almost half of working New Yorkers have no paid sick leave. HE remarks that paid sick time is more than an individual...
- Leave of Absence Requirements. MORRIS, REBECCA // Franchising World;Jun2013, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p41
The article presents the 10 common leave of absence requirements for job-protected leave. Under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act, an eligible employee is entitled up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave due to their or a family member's serious health condition, birth or adoption of a child or...
- Counting the cost of absence from work. Lacey, Hoda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/2/2005, Issue 2681, p55
Presents a question and answer advisory on leave of absence. Considerations before leave application; Arguments on the legal entitlement to days off sick; Citation of disciplinary procedures an employer may initiate after failing to inform absence.
- Managers 'must ask GPs about staff sick leave' // People Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p11
Deals with the need for human resource (HR) practitioners to put pressure on general practitioners (GP) to change their approach to writing sick notes, according to HBOS organizational health manager, Mary McFadzean. Way in which HBOS encourages HR managers to write to employees GP themselves;...