PEOPLE AND POSTS
- Non-Executives: No Longer Non-Combatants. // Global Finance;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the role of non-executive directors of public companies in Great Britain. Remarks from National Association of Pension Fund's investment committee chairman Alan Rubenstein on the role of non-executive directors; Characteristics that non-executives must possess.
- Untitled. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;3/31/2009, p14
The article offers information on the appointments of HR executives including Valerie Hughes-D'Aeth at Infrastructure engineering consultancy firm Amey, Trasie Woolley at Black & Veatch as HR director, Europe, and Debbie Middleton at multi-sector recruiter Thorpe Molloy Recruitment.
- PPF raises concerns about 'dubious' contingent assets. // Money Marketing;10/25/2012, p27
The article discusses the speech of Alan Rubenstein, chief executive officer (CEO) at Pension Protection Fund (PPF) about the overvaluation of contingent assets by several defined benefit plans to reduce the payment of a levy to the lifeboat fund of the PPF.
- Making Boards Effective. Lawler, Edward E. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Provides suggestions on improving the roles of boards of directors. Adoption of a wider stakeholder perspective; Forging of strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Hungary's new audit chief. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p14
Looks at the increasing number of directors of corporations being sued for damages due to lack of awareness of all their statutory duties and liabilities. Changes in the way directors are viewed; Need for directors to have adequate insurance coverage.
- Women utility directors' agenda. Toussaint, Carol T. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 12 Issue 69, p21
Presents results of a survey on the agenda of women directors in corporate boards. Concern for environmental issues; Prioritizing of fiduciary responsibilities; Information needs and sources. INSET: Utility women's conference..
- Management succession: The board's role. Jadick, Theodore // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 13 Issue 75, p16
No abstract available.
- Looking beyond the CEO for management succession. Drury, James J. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p6
Focuses on factors affecting succession of chief executive officers (CEO). Corporate board's role in CEO succession planning.
- Boardroom Composition. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 22 Issue 126, p26
Reports on the increase in the number of women occupying seats in corporate boards. Companies where 40 percent are women corporate officers; Women chief executive officers at the helm of companies in the Fortune 500 list.