- The battle over `Miss Saigon.' // Newsweek;8/20/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the decision made by Actors' Equity that actor Jonathan Pryce cannot play the lead role in the musical `Miss Saigon' because the Eurasian character must be played by an Asian.
- The right Pryce. Denworth, Lydia // People;12/02/96, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p79
Profiles British actor Jonathan Pryce. His role in the London production of `Miss Saigon'; The acting skill of Pryce according to Richard Eyre, artistic director of the Royal National Theatre in Britain; Pryce's fame for the Infiniti automobile commercials; Pryce's role in the musical motion...
- What Pryce glory. Gordinier, Jeff // Entertainment Weekly;11/17/95, Issue 301, p33
Profiles the actor `Jonathan Pryce.'
- Caste in casting on Broadway. Gest, T.; Boroughs, D.L. // U.S. News & World Report;8/20/90, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p13
Notes that Actors' Equity refused permission for a white British actor, Jonathan Pryce, to reprise on Broadway next spring the role of a Eurasian brothel owner he played in `Miss Saigon,' the hit London musical. $25 million advance sales; Equity's strictures self-defeating.
- The pitchman cometh. Chang, Yahlin // Newsweek;11/20/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 21, p90
Profiles actor and Infiniti commercial spokesman Jonathan Pryce. Actors Equity banning him from playing a Eurasian pimp in the Broadway show `Miss Saigon'; His winning the best actor award at Cannes for his playing the character of Lytton Strachey in the film `Carrington'; His playing Juan Peron...
- Dale falls in for Pryce. Wolf, Matt // Variety;5/22/95, Vol. 359 Issue 4, p97
Reports that actor Jim Dale will replace actor Jonathan Pryce as Fagin in the musical `Oliver!'
- Reviewing the situation. Wolf, Matt // Variety;9/4/95, Vol. 360 Issue 5, p81
Reports on actor Jim Dale's return to the West End for the first time in 22 years to succeed Jonathan Pryce in the role of Fagin in `Oliver!' at the London Palladium in England.
- PRYCE OF ADMISSION. // Daily Variety;10/3/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the presentation of the play "King Lear" at Almeida Theater in London, England from March 15, 2012 to May 12, 2012, starring Jonathan Pryce who will play the title role and directed by Michael Attenborough.
- The Caretaker. BENEDICT, DAVID // Daily Variety;1/20/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 13, p4
The article reviews a revival of Harold Pinter's play "The Caretaker," directed by Christopher Morahan and starring Jonathan Pryce, performed at the Trafalgar Studios, London, England.