How do I keep our younger staff engaged?
- Nourish your employees' 'inner life'. // Executive Leadership;May2013, Vol. 28, p4
The article presents a discussion of employee motivation and their inner life, adapted from the book "The Progress Principle" by Teresa Amabile and Steven Kramer.
- A Study on 'Generation Y' Behaviours at Workplace in Penang. Islam, Md. Aminul; Teh Wee Cheong; Yusuf, Dayang Hasliza Muhd; Desa, Hazry // Journal of Applied Sciences Research;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1802
This study was conducted to determine the factors that influenced Generation Y behaviour specifically at the workplace in Penang, Malaysia. Understanding the behaviours may be found useful in improving the interaction between the employees and the management as well as the earlier generation in...
- For Millennials, a Good Job Is Hard to Find. // HR Magazine;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p17
The article reveals that Millennials are motivated by pay, meaningful work, a positive relationship with co-workers, and flexibility in searching for employment.
- Boost morale for everyone's sake. Hollon, John // Crain's Detroit Business;11/2/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p11
The article presents the author's views on making business prosper in 2010. The author suggests to invest in workforce and make it a point to help them to feel more confident that things are going to get better next year. The author tells that he does not support spending a lot of money by...
- SOCIAL SUPPORT: ITS RELATIONSHIP TO OBSERVED COMMUNICATION WITH PEERS AND SUPERIORS. Kirmeyer, Sandra L.; Lin, Thung-Rung // Academy of Management Journal;Mar1987, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p138
Using the basis of employee's face-to-face interactions with coworkers and superiors, the article considers the effects of the content, direction and source of organizational communication on perceived social support. According to the author, the findings of the study associate the perception of...
- What are employers to make of Gen X and Yers in the workforce? WHITE, DOUGAND POLLY // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p18
The article offers tips for employers on how to recruit, retain and motivate Generations X and Y employees. It advises the employers to offer benefits including flexible schedules, telecommuting and job-sharing. It encourages them to get rid of bureaucracy and tenure-based rewards. It also...
- Managing this 'new' generation. // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Jan2012, Vol. 243 Issue 1, pBP8
The article offers tips on how to manage the millenials or those who were born from 1980 to 1997 for their employment in the U.S. which include outlining a strategic plan for farm labor, reinforcing company core values, and rewarding teams on job performance.
- Don Tyler shares some words on the millennial generation. // Wisconsin Agriculturist;Jan2012, Vol. 243 Issue 1, pBP8
The article presents a quote from management coach Don Tyler regarding his views on the millennial generation of workers in the U.S.
- Words are not enough. Maitland, Roger // People Management;6/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p62
Discusses the significance of a systematic approach to improve an organization's internal communication. Significance of an effective internal communication to motivate employees; Suggestions how systematic approach can improve internal communication; Case study on the confirmation of the...