- UK COAL awarded carbon trust standard. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 257 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the Carbon Trust Standard received by Great Britain's biggest mining company, UK Coal PLC, from Carbon Trust Standard Co. Ltd. It notes that the company has achieved a 45% absolute reduction in its carbon footprint, which represents a reduction of greenhouse gas of...
- High tide for world's largest turbine. // Engineer (00137758);2/8/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7788, p7
No abstract available.
- Valeo exec talks North American expansion, sales growth. Sedgwick, David // Crain's Detroit Business;7/21/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p0004
An interview with Valeo SA president Francoise Colpron is presented. Topics discussed, include the aspiration to grow the research and development (R&D) presence in North America, the reinforcement of the human resource (HR) team with full-time recruiters, and the reduction of carbon dioxide...
- First Direct banks on perks. // Employee Benefits;Aug2007, p11
The article reports on the launching of a recognition scheme with gift vouchers and thank you cards by First Direct Corp. to boost staff motivation in Great Britain. Line managers at the bank will receive training on how to recognize employees who have performed well in the workplace. They will...
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.
- Retaining Top Talent. Zingheim, Patricia K. // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Provides six principles in developing a reward system to enhance employee performance. Creation of a positive and natural reward incentive; Alignment of rewards with business goals to create a win-win partnership; Recognition of individual ongoing value with base pay.
- Modern leadership is a motivation matter. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports on survey findings indicating a moderate level of motivation among employees in Great Britain, as of November 1997. Lesser identification of employees with their companies; Growing sense of insecurity in workplaces; Role of leadership in motivating employees. INSET: Soundbites..
- Motivating employees. // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on motivating employees. Work culture and environment; Use of incentives in motivating employees; Incentives directed at individuals or groups.
- 'Take Back My Paycheck!'. Weitz, Gerry // Pest Management Professional;Apr2010, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p12
The article presents the author's view concerning the need for employers to communicate things that will make employees feel that employers care about their personal and family welfare as well as their careers at the company.