NEWS ON THE WEB
- Rise in science and maths teaching applications. // Education (14637073);7/2/2010, Issue 398, p4
The article discusses statistics from the British Training and Development Agency for Schools about the number of people who are training to be science and mathematics teachers.
- Recruitment. // Education Journal;Feb2010, Issue 121, p27
The article reports on the research by Training and Development Agency for Schools which shows that despite an increase in the number of people who enter the teaching profession, teaching is still under-rated by the public and final year students in Great Britain.
- TDA provides teacher research to smile about. // Education (14637073);9/16/2005, Issue 191, p3
Reports that teachers smile every two minutes during lessons and laugh out loud every seven minutes, according to a research conducted by the Training and Development Agency for Schools in Great Britain as of September 2005. Percentage of teachers who claim to be stimulated and absorbed in...
- 'FSA must raise Wages by 50% to get quality staff'. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;7/21/2011, p12
The article presents remarks from management consultancy firm Hedley May regarding the need of the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to increase its annual spend on wages by 50 percent to employ quality staff that will carry out a more interventionalist regulatory approach in Great Britain.
- Number of maths and science NQTs continues to rise. // Education (14637073);8/4/2006, Issue 232, p2
The article reports on an increase in the number of qualified teachers in mathematics and science in England in 2006. The growth was revealed by the British Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA). Some factors which contributed to this growth are indicated. Moreover, this article...
- Boys do better with male primary teachers, claims research. // Education (14637073);10/3/2008, Issue 327, p3
The article discusses a study by the Training and Development Agency regarding the benefits of boys having male teachers. The study found that boys are more likely to talk to male teachers, as compared to female teachers, in regards to bullying and problems at home. The study also found that...
- Training agency lures graduates. Lamb, Vickie // Precision Marketing;2/10/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on the plan of the Training & Development Agency for Schools (TDA) to launch a direct marketing drive to tempt potential science teachers into the profession. Various mailpacks, created by Draft London, will be sent to science graduates to persuade them to apply for training....
- Physics teachers on the rise according to TDA figures. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;12/2/2011, Issue 40, p1
The article discusses the census data released by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) in Great Britain which found that more people are training to become physics teachers since records began in 1979. It notes that 864 people are training to teach physics, an increase of 30% in...
- Thousands register for new teaching and learning Masters. // Education (14637073);7/3/2009, Issue 361, p4
The article reports that the number of teacher trainees registered to study the Masters in Teaching and Learning degree is at approximately 1,300, according to Great Britain's Training and Development Agency for Schools. The wish of Ed Balls, the country's Schools Secretary, for every teacher to...