- Good Will Hunting? Rosenthal, Marshall M. // Wireless Review;10/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, pJ6
Discusses how recruiters work. Categories of recruiters; Information on how recruiters find job opportunities and qualified candidates; Advice for job seekers. INSET: Pied pipers?.
- How does a headhunter operate? Koolen, Gerard // Slovak Spectator;07/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p5
Provides information on how employee recruiters operate. Basic principle behind recruiters' limited client portfolio; Tools that can be used to introduce the right applicants for a job.
- EXPERT ADVISE. // DM News;2/1/2010, p21
The article provides an answer to a question of using hiring contacts in searching for a new position.
- Before You Give out Your Resume...Tips for Selecting a Legal Recruiter. Abshire, Jordan // Young Lawyer;
The article offers tips for selecting a legal recruiter, before one gives out the resume.
- Analysts warn students to prepare for job market. Reed, Robert A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/22/99, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
Talks about the importance of preparation for job-seekers in Michigan. Opportunity and diversity available in all levels; Recommendation from Employment Research Institute research director Phil Gardner; Remarks from David Zurvalec of the Michigan Manufacturers Association.
- Survey reveals factors that turn recruiters off. // Black Collegian;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p189
Focuses on the results of an Erdlen Bograd Group Inc. survey which shows that most recruiters feel job hunters can control or at least influence their destiny in the search for employment. Uninspiring resume; Unprepared candidates; Poor communication skills; Poor body language; Lack of enthusiasm.
- Absence from the workforce requires the truth, but not too much truth. O'Donnell, Jeanine "J. T."; Dauten, Dale // South County Journal;4/18/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 16, pD11
The article presents questions and answers related to employment applications including one on a year's absence from the workforce and another on using credit history as a hiring criterion.
- Surf, sand and jobs. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);May98, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p20
Presents information on unconventional recruitment methods used by business enterprises. Oceanfront job fairs; Several companies who participated at a career fair in Panama City Beach, Florida; Expected number of collegians at the job fair site.
- Matching employers and workers: An empirical analysis of the effectiveness of search. Lindeboom, Maarten; Van Ours, Jan // Oxford Economic Papers;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p45
Analyzes the effectiveness of different search or recruitment channels used by workers and employers. Discussion of public employment, office and informal channels; Interaction of workers and employers in the labor market; Matching of needs of employers and workers.