'Tough love' scheme boosts competitiveness
- Reality check helps feed Sainsbury's staff supply. // Personnel Today;9/17/2002, p4
Focuses on the management of employees at Sainbury's supermarket. Information on the job roles to applicants; Advantage of the company's application packs; Consideration on the staff turnover rate.
- Sainsbury's sets new family-friendly pace. Deeks, Emma // People Management;11/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the paid leave offered by Sainsbury's to its parent employees for in vitro fertilization treatment, adoption and fostering starting November 2000. Reason for the move; Conditions in acquiring the leave.
- TEACH YOUR PEOPLE WELL. Roesler, Deborah // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p43
The article presents a case study related the utility of a mentor program to a service company. The program paired up executives and managers to aid with professional development. The program was found to be valuable to both mentor and mentoree. Mentors found it rewarding to help the younger...
- HIGHER FLYERS. // People Management;Aug2011, p12
The article reports on the move by supermarket chain Sainsbury's to send its store managers to attend a series of 70 training events in Center Parcs in Great Britain in the summer of 2011.
- Coaching Culture. Anderson, John; Michaelson, Marc // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Feb2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the significance of coaching and mentoring (C&M) cultures in the effectiveness of the annual performance reviews (APRs) in business management.
- Sainsbury's is listening to customers saying bogof to multibuys. // Grocer;2/13/2016, p3
The article reports that Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd. is reducing all its multibuys by August 2016. Multibuys are reported to have accounted for 29.6% of the company's promotions mix in 2015 versus from 33.8% the year before. It states that the company will not hide the margin of price...
- Healing intelligence. Covey, Stephen R. // Executive Excellence;Sep98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p3
Discusses how corporate executives can lead the diversity of their employees. How executives should manage intelligent employees; Comparison of the human body with that of the corporate organization; How can executives deal with problems of the organization.
- Dance With Your Collaborators. Smith, Richard; Ahmed, Mohi // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the role and importance of collaboration skills in organizational management. Factors that can help a firm to increase its skills in technological collaborations; When to take lessons on collaboration; Information on a survey of research and development directors on the need for...
- Helping Rising Stars Shine as Managers. // Training & Development Journal;Jul90, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p76
Focuses on the importance of management training to employees that have been promoted to managerial level. Supervisory and managerial tasks that require training; Ways of convincing management to support managerial development programs; Assessment of talented employees.