NEWS IN BRIEF
- Enforcement is the future, not new laws. Evans, Jill // People Management;7/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p11
The article reports on the decision of the British government to focus on enforcing existing employment laws instead of creating new ones, according to employment relations minister Pat McFadden. He added that employers should make more use of free government advice before using lawyers to deal...
- RINGING ENDORSEMENT. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p57
This article focuses on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) law telephone helpline that provides a second opinion on legal issues in Great Britain. Some of the most common human resources (HR) enquiries concern maternity leave and pay, followed by disciplinary issues...
- Disciplinary matter. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p45
The article reports on the collaboration between the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR) and the advisory and conciliation service Acas to produce a leaflet explaining the disciplinary, dismissal and...
- Letting out the grief. Hill, Adam // Commercial Motor;3/8/2008, Vol. 205 Issue 5219, p34
The article focuses on the effects of the dispute resolution procedures of the British Department of Trade and Industry on employment tribunals. The Employment Act 2002 Regulations was enforced to encourage employers and employees to settle disputes in the workplace and use tribunals as a last...
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and employee stress.
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;1/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p48
A calendar of events Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) members in Great Britain can attend in January 2008 is presented, including a forum on human resources (HR) and change management on January 10 in Gloucestershire, a lecture on cultivating a long-term career on January...
- The future has arrived. // People Management;Oct2015, p36
The article previews the 2015 CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) Annual Conference and Exhibition scheduled for November 4-5, 2015 in Manchester, England.
- Mediate with staff to slash tribunal costs. Scott, Anna // People Management;7/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p10
The article reports on the need for British organizations to mediate with employees to resolve disputes in order to reduce the number of cases going to tribunals, according to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Employment tribunal claims cost companies on average...
- Get up to date with Benchmark. // People Management;Jan2012, p54
The article offers information on how to obtain the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Benchmark report series that focuses on employment regulation.