VIRGIN ON THE ACCEPTABLE:
- XBox TV ad banned for reckless driving. // Marketing Week;4/5/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the prohibition of the television advertisement for the XBox 360 console featuring a car chase. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned the advertisement after complaints that it encouraged dangerous driving in Great Britain. Moreover, ASA also censored Sky...
- Gender Stereotyping in Television Advertisements: A Study of French and Danish Television. Furnham, Adrian; Babitzkow, Matte; Uguccioni, Smerelda // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;Feb2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p79
ABSTRACT. Two similar, but not identical, content analyses of the portrayals of men and women in French and Danish television advertisements are reported. By partially replicating and extending past investigations conducted in America, Australia, Britain, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, and...
- One Click Forward and Two Clicks Back: Portrayal of Women Using Computers in Television Commercials. White, Candace; Kinnick, Katherine N. // Women's Studies in Communication;Fall2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p392
Examines whether television commercials reflect gender biases observed in magazine advertising, particularly the underrepresentation of women in computer ads and portrayal of men and women in stereotypical roles. Influences that shape attitudes toward gender roles and technology; Role of...
- THE GAYEST AIRLINE AD EVER. // Out;July/Aug2005 Out Traveler, p32
Provides information on the advertisement of airline Virgin Atlantic for gay couples traveling in South Africa in 2004. Overview of the television commercial; Reaction of gay people to the advertisement.
- WORK OF THE WEEK. // Advertising Age;1/12/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p27
Captions are presented to photographs taken from notable television advertising presented in the first week of 2009 including advertising for the energy drink Gatorade and the airline Virgin Atlantic.
- The 10 Best international TV ads. // Campaign;12/16/2005, Issue 51, p45
The article presents information on the ten best TV advertisements around the world during 2005. In Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd.'s "love story" campaign in South Africa, a man enjoys a steamy affair with another man. In the company Wonderbra's "deer in headlights" campaign in South Africa, a...
- GLOBAL DESPATCHES. Nguyen, Maria // B&T Weekly;7/30/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2482, p14
Cites news events related to the marketing and advertising industry. Assumption by the British Advertising Standards Authority of the role of addressing complaints on advertising; Availability of a television channel devoted to product launches and product commercials; Decision of...
- Advertisers play safe to avoid regulation. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;7/7/2005, p14
This article discusses the cautious attitude of advertisers in Great Britain toward interactive television (iTV) advertising in line with the decision of some broadcasters to cancel the airing of the iTV advertisements of Daimler Chrysler for featuring cars driving at speed. It emerged that...
- ASA probes Barclays current account ad. // Marketing Week;7/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p15
Reports on the complaints television viewers about the Barclays television advertisement created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty Ltd. in Great Britain. Concept of the commercial; Impact of the commercial on children; Investigation of the charges by the Advertising Standards Authority.