One million tiny plays about work
- Briefs. // HR Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p17
This section offers news briefs related to U.S. employees, including the results of one study which indicate that work/life balance is a problem in the U.S. and a CareerBuilder online survey conducted in the early summer among 4,498 full-time workers which found that more than three-fourths of...
- FINDING BALANCE. Kolling, Tim // TK...Topeka's Business Magazine;Winter2010, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p10
The article offers tips for business professional on how to balance their professional life including the need to find a career in which they are passionate about, have time for their family no matter how busy their life gets, and be active outside of their career.
- From the Editor. Harper, Ian R. // Melbourne Review;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the examination of the growing focus on work-life balance as business seeks to attract and retain valued employees, and another by Paul Dainty on the challenges for business in attracting and retaining staff in an...
- Editor's Note. McGrath, Debbie // Personal Excellence;Jun2014, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including how active listening brings about positive changes in life, pursuing an attitude of excellence, and ways professionals with work-life balance are different from each others.
- Help workers find work/life balance. // Managing People at Work;8/15/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p1
The article offers suggestions on helping workers to find work/life balance by allowing flexible schedules and judging a leave request.
- STAYING FLEX. Hill, Caitlin // MinnesotaBusiness;Jan2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on policies of Turck Inc. to maintain the work-life balance for employees.
- Time for a break? // Motor Equipment News;May2011, p2
The author reflects on those who are required or choose to work on public holidays and encourages them to say no to working on holidays and to instead use the days as an opportunity to take time off for rest and recuperation.
- Target-hitting won't make you feel good at work. // Coaching at Work;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the results of a survey by Samarians and Simplyhealth which revealed that a good work/life balance and positive relationships are the top factors on which workers feel good at work.
- La falta de conciliaciÃ³n impide que un 34,5 por ciento de profesionales accedan al mercado laboral. // Capital Humano;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 232, p14
The article reports that, according to a study by Roberto MartÃnez of the FundaciÃ³n MÃ¡sfamilia, more than a third of Spanish professionals cannot get a job due to the inadequate work-life balance policies of employers.