PEOPLE AND POSTS
- People on the move. // Human Resources (09648380);Mar2009, p15
The article announces career developments of several executives in Great Britain including the appointments of Sarah Coochey as human resource (HR) director at Indesit Co., Morag Day as HR manager at Independent Living Services and Sara Robertson as director of people and organization...
- ON THE MOVE. // Personnel Today;3/10/2009, p34
The article announces several career developments including the appointment of Clive Bridge by Wesleyan Assurance Society as human resources (HR) director, the appointment of Kathryn Graves as head of HR and development at law firm Taylor Wessing, and the promotion of Ewan McCulloch to HR...
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.
- Instilling the Worth Ethic. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p53
Presents guidelines for improving managers' treatment and care of their employees. Need for managers to change their attitudes about themselves; Active listening; Concept of caring leadership; Support for creativity and innovation. INSET: The CHANGING Process.
- Dear Andy,. Denka, Andy // Business Credit;Jun2009, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p31
The article provides an answer to a question on how to be more supportive manager.
- Executive Briefing. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Feb99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on some studies on executives and personnel management. Information from the study `Diversity on U.S. Boards: Broadening the Profile of Corporate Boards'; Percentage of chief executives polled who believe that they will play an active part in a corporate acquisition; Role...