- Poor economy dictates downsizing? You can fire employee who takes pregnancy leave. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p2
The article discusses the issue of terminating an employee who takes pregnancy leave in California. It mentions the limitations of the rights of the pregnant employee to return to the jobs. It adds that employers, particularly those have who ailing financial conditions, can cut positions and not...
- EU maternity pay extension plans are 'no cause for alarm'. // Personnel Today;3/2/2010, p3
The article presents information related to the extension of maternity leave provisions in the Pregnant Workers' Directive.
- ALP, ACTU retreat on maternity leave. Cherrington, Katie // Green Left Weekly;3/11/2009, Issue 786, p6
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the delay on the implementation of maternity leave scheme in Australia and the decision of the Australia Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) to withdraw their call for the leave to be carried out.
- It's cheaper to be generous on staff maternity leave. // Management Today;Jul98, p13
States that to add benefits to employees, companies can seek to improve the maternity benefits offered to their female staff members. Description of the maternity package offered by British Telecom PLC; Benefits given by one company to both parents; Information on maternity benefits available...
- 2012/13 STATUTORY PAYMENT RATES. // Accountancy;Apr2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1424, p38
The article presents information on government policy in Great Britain regarding weekly statutory payment rates from April 2012 to April 2013 for employees on maternity leave, with information on the minimum earnings which qualify for statutory maternity and adoption pay (SMP).
- Breach of contract during maternity leave. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Sep2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1285, p90
This article focuses on constructive dismissal. Employment Appeal Tribunal has ruled that where an employer has given a clear indication before employee's return to work at the end of maternity leave that conditions of her old job will no longer be available to her and that she will have to...
- Woman told to 'go home and be with her baby' on first day back from maternity leave. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;3/28/2014, Vol. 9 Issue 213, p1
The article discusses the U.S. court case Ames v. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. which deals on dismissal of a woman employee at her first day of work from her maternity leave. The court ruled that the company was not liable for giving the employee a dismissal since its the company's rule to...
- No need to extend maternity leave when it's clear mother won't be able to return. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Nov2013, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses a court case determining the right of an employer to terminate an employee who requests series of maternity leave extensions for medical reasons if the doctor cannot provide a definite return date of the employee.
- Statistics you need to know... // Personnel Today;11/11/2008, p44
The article presents several statistics on employee fringe benefits in Great Britain, including compensation limits and time limit to bring the claim by employees in various cases such as unfair dismissal, redundancy pay and breach of contract, the qualifying period and rate for various leaves...