How I made a difference at work
- BHF scraps roles in marketing shake-up. // Precision Marketing;3/7/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the effort of British Heart Foundation (BHF) to establish a raft of redundancies in its marketing team in Great Britain. It states that the effort is part of its departmental restructure to coincide with the charity's relocation to Mornington Crescent, north London at the...
- CHARITABLE WORK. Arnold, Tom // CA Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on the efforts of charitable organizations to hire board members with finance accounting, information technology and general business experiences in Canada. Nathan Reeve, director of accounting at Ontario Power Generation Inc., told that working as a board member allows him...
- Scope meets 20 per cent disabled staff target. // People Management;1/24/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
The article reports that disability charity Scope has met its target to recruit 20 per cent disabled staff by the end of 2007, up from 4 per cent in 2004. Scope has doubled the proportion of disabled people typically employed in a workplace (one in 10). Scope, whose workforce is 3,300 strong,...
- Changes ahead for WNY Women's Fund. Drury, Tracey // Buffalo Law Journal;6/6/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the efforts of the nonprofit organization WNY Women's Fund to undergo a change in leadership, and to change to an independent status in New York.
- Belinda Phipps chief executive, National Childcare Trust. // Human Resources (09648380);Oct2009, p10
An interview with Belinda Phipps, chief executive officer (CEO) at National Childcare Trust (NCT), is presented. When asked about her definition on human resources (HR), she refers to it as an invaluable source of expertise that ensures the most appropriate people join the staff team. She notes...
- Ruth a Short Term Fix, Ask His Wife: Prof Cuts Commute. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Reports developments in Orange County, California as of February 2003. Selection of Debbie Holzkamp as sales vice president of OC Register; Launch of the cult table game Strat-O-Matic; Encouragement of lawyers to donate suits for the clients of Working Wardrobes.
- 'Reveal all about top pay'. Stothart, Chloe // Third Sector;1/14/2014, Issue 781, p7
The article offers information on the "Good Pay Guide" which was launched in December 2013 as a guide on remuneration in the third sector from the chief executives body Acevo and requires large British charities to publish the rationale behind the pay levels of their executives.
- Program Funds Fellowships for Local Execs. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p44
Focuses on the Eureka and Waitt Fellowship program of Waitt Family Foundation and Eureka Communities aimed at training local executives in San Diego, California. Impact of the program on the public; Background of the foundation; Financial support of the foundation on other fellowships provided...
- Captains' charity pro-am. // Irish Motor Management;Sep/Oct2007, p53
The article presents a photograph of several executives taken during the launch of Castleknock Golf Club Captains' Charity Pro-Am on September 28, 2007.