- The poetry of Fieldbus standards. Pinto, Jim // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Jun2007, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information about the development of industrial automation in Australia. The author explains the nature of Fieldbus standard SP-50 for industrial automation networks. Meanwhile, Microsoft Robotics Studio, a software development tool, was recently unveiled. Moreover, it is...
- Bio Tech: Active Skin Merges Electronics, Nerves. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronic News;4/21/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 16, pN.PAG
Presents the views of futurologist Ian Pearson on the outlook on the use of active skin technology in computer chips for electronic devices.
- A Timeline for Technology: To the Year 2030 and Beyond. // Future Survey;Apr2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Provides information on the topics of the sampling presented in the report, "A Timeline for Technology: To the Year 2030 and Beyond," by Ian Pearson and Ian Neild. Artificial intelligence; Communication; Environment/resources.
- Artificial Intelligence and HRD: A Paradigm Shift. Putman, Anthony O.; Bell, Chip R.; van Zwieten, John B. // Training & Development Journal;Aug87, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the use of artificial intelligence device (AIDE) in human resource development (HRD). Paradigm shift in HRD brought about by AIDE; Development and implementation of AIDE.
- Vision: Human-Level Artificial Intelligence. Pelton, Joseph N. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the anticipated growth of artificial intelligence in the twentieth century. It states that artificial intelligence refers to the creation of technologies equipped with computers that has the ability to perform operations similar to human intelligence. It explores the...
- How to Fire an Executive. Westcott, Robert F. // Business Horizons;Apr76, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p33
Provides guidelines in terminating an executive employee. Importance of honesty; Consideration of salary settlements; Need of planning the termination meeting.
- Why mushrooms aren't productive. // Industry Week/IW;06/22/98, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p4
Looks at the firing of corporate executives. Its impact on employees; Senior executives' interpretation of their employee's lack of interest as a management crisis; Reasons for not firing senior executives.
- Removing the founder. Dunne, Patrick // Management Today;Apr99, p92
Advises on how to replace the founder of a company. Identification of the poor qualities of the founder; Significance of turning the departing founder into an advocate of the business; Actions to be taken.
- Trips near virtual reality. Nelson, Paul // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;5/5/2006, Issue 1819, p4
This article reports that according to British Telecom PLC futurologist Ian Pearson, holidaymakers could be taking virtual trips from their sofas within the next four years. He was speaking at the first Travolution Summit which was organized in London, England, in April 2006. Pearson says that...