Not such a rosÃ© picture
- Research and strategies for the primary prevention of workplace alcohol problems. Ames, Genevieve // Alcohol Health & Research World;1993, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p19
Argues that to prevent alcohol problems in the workplace, employers must develop prevention programs that complement employee assistance programs. The need to tailor prevention efforts to meet the needs of specific workplace cultures; Findings from surveys of on-the-job drinking among various...
- TUC calls for research into alcohol misuse in workplace. // Occupational Health;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p8
Announces that the Trade Union Congress (TUC) urges the British government to fund research into the extent of alcohol misuse at work. Annual number of employees' absences as a result of drinking; Costs of long-term sickness, unemployment and premature death caused by alcohol abuse to the...
- 60 second guideâ€¦ to inductions. // Works Management;Oct2012, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p13
The article offers information on the induction program for employee in the company which include introduction to employment, explanation of the company's rule and regulation and schedule of training and personal development.
- RESPONDING TO PEOPLE PROBLEMS. Ziegenfuss Jr., James T. // Business Horizons;Apr80, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p73
Focuses on the response of companies to employee problems in the United States. Support of community programs for people problems; Development of personnel policies relevant to the difficulties; Provision of jobs for recovered workers.
- EAPs: Investments, Not Costs. Atkinson, William // Textile World;May2001, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p42
Discusses the benefits of employee assistance programs (EAP) to textile companies. Statistics on the alcohol and drug consumption of employees and its effect on their performance at work; EAP selection criteria; Ways to publicize an EAP to a company's employees.
- FORM: Drug and Alcohol Policy. Guerin, Lisa // Essential Guide to Workplace Investigations;2013, pF10
A form showing a promissory note for a drug and alcohol policy at workplace is presented which appears in the book "Essential Guide to Workplace Investigations." The required information includes the names of the person to be contacted for information on employee assistance program (EAP) and...
- USE AND ABUSE. Lewis, Mark // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/3/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4508, p26
The article features Ken Crosland, founder of Ark for Business, the consultancy division of the Ark Foundation which helps British businesses deal with the problem of drink and drug dependency in a constructive way. The foundation has been educating hospitality students, employees and managers...
- Creating a substance-free workplace. Marcus, Adrienne // Westchester County Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p30
The article focuses on the need for firms to create a policy that can include drug testing, employee education, and supervisor training to reduce workplace abuses of drugs and alcohol in the U.S. According to the Department of Labor Statistics, three-quarters of illicit drug users age 18 and...
- Alcoholism: Address the Problem Early. // Training & Development Journal;Nov82, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p14
Highlights the importance of addressing alcoholism among employees in various companies in New Jersey. Implications on absenteeism, mistakes in job execution and lowered productivity; Development of employee assistance programs to help troubled and alcoholic employees; Implications for...