Printing course starts to attract new types
- In my opinion Brian Brock on the true importance of supporting training. Bock, Brian // Printing World;6/17/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the importance of further education colleges that support training and development of skills appropriate to the needs of the printing industry in Great Britain. Failure of the industry and the government to value the impact print colleges can make to the economic development of print...
- It's a matter of course. Ward, Gareth // Printing World;10/28/2002, Vol. 280 Issue 4, p8
Reports the start of the first Certificate in Print Management course organized by the British Printing Industries Federation at Loughborough University in England. Total number of enrollment; Details on the inauguration of the course; Plans for the launch of the second course.
- Industry leaders promote print production education. // American Printer;Dec96, Vol. 218 Issue 3, p22
Discloses that key players in the American printing industry have launched two Media Tech Centers, which are production facilities that educate and train end-users in the techniques of print production using advanced design, prepress and digital printing technology. Integration of the training...
- LCP DiP call. // Printing World;9/30/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p6
Reports that the London College of Printing in England is seeking recruits for its National Diploma in Digital & Print Production Course. Course outline.
- IN BRIEF. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);3/20/2009, p4
This section offers news briefs concerning the printing industry in Great Britain. Resource Print Solution (RPS) has sponsored the 2009 annual Leeds Sports Awards at Headingley Carnegie in England. Altavia Htt has been selected by Screwfix to offer print management services. Polestar is...
- Training failures speed timebomb countdown. DANIELLI, DARRYL // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);2/5/2010, p15
The author talks about the subject of training in the British print industry.
- Training levy: it's time for your say. // Printing World;7/1/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p2
Reports that printing companies in Great Britain will be asked for their views on a compulsory levy after the British Printing Industry Federation's (BPFI) national council refrained from recommending the introduction of a statutory levy to deal with the training crisis. Commitment of the BPFI...
- Is training all over now too? Ward, Gareth // Printing World;7/1/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the issue of training in the printing industry in Great Britain. Closure of print courses in several colleges due lack of industry support; Benefits of industry-wide training.
- Get a graphic-arts education while you still can. O'Brien, Katherine // American Printer;May2003, Vol. 231 Issue 2, p8
Presents several letters concerning the graphic arts profession. Need to develop a group of skilled craftspeople to replace retiring baby boomers in the printing industry; Decline in enrollment in advanced press-training classes; Discussion of printing as an art; Information on job shadowing.