NEWS IN BRIEF
- Recruiters ready for RMAs finale. // People Management;Jun2014, p12
The article reports on the unveil of the shortlist for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Recruitment Marketing Awards 2014 to be held at The Brewery in London, England on July 16, 2014, and mentions the Institute's research project on recruitment intentions.
- TOP ENTRIES, TOUGH CHOICES. Riddoch, Vivienne // People Management;Aug2011, p46
The article features the shortlisted entries for the 2011 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards. Among the award categories are employee engagement, excellence through technology, and organisational learning. The shortlisted firms include Centrica...
- Apprentices still a dying breed. // e.learning age;May2011, p3
The article focuses on findings of a study from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development which highlighted the need for the British government to promote apprenticeships.
- Launch of Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resource Management. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;9/14/2012, Issue 56, p3
A description of the course "Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resource Management" being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and Skills Council for Administration (CFA) is provided.
- Virgin Money named RMAs champion. // People Management;Aug2015, p14
The article reports on the naming of the company Virgin Money as the winner of the 2015 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Grand prix Recruitment Marketing Award.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;11/9/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p76
Presents updates related to Chartered Institute of Personnel and Management organization in Great Britain as of November 9, 2000. Web-based services on recruitment and law launched by the institute; Publication of its manual guide `Working Time Regulations'; Students recipients of the awards...
- Cuts threaten talent. // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2010, p4
The article discusses the results of a survey done by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which showed that two-thirds of the 500 organisations surveyed had difficulties recruiting specialists and 79% prioritised attracting and recruiting staff.
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;9/18/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p64
A calendar of events organized by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain from September to October 2008 is presented including "Recruiting Future Leaders: Trends in Senior Management Recruitment," "Tupe or not Tupe?" and "Coaching Supervision."
- Employers use bounty pay-outs to boost recruitment success. Taylor, Chris // People Management;5/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the practice of enlisting the help of own employees to boost recruitment in Great Britain by offering bounty payments, as revealed in the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's annual recruitment survey in 2001. Common changes in the recruitment practices for...