- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;4/8/2010, p38
A calendar of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) branch events in 2010 is presented including The Power of Visual Thinking on April 22, Presentations on April 20, and Employee Engagement and Group on April 20.
- CIPD BRANCH EVENTS. // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p42
A calendar of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) branch events in 2009 is presented, including "Managing Performance at Work" in Milton Keynes, England on March 3, "Employee Engagement" with Andrew Mayo in Birmingham on March 4, and "Flexibility Staffing Your Business" in...
- INSIDE INFORMATION. // People Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p51
The article announces that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is looking for organizations to take part in a research project exploring the impact of the Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations. A series of case studies of organizations with 150 or more...
- TOP ENTRIES, TOUGH CHOICES. Riddoch, Vivienne // People Management;Aug2011, p46
The article features the shortlisted entries for the 2011 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards. Among the award categories are employee engagement, excellence through technology, and organisational learning. The shortlisted firms include Centrica...
- ARE YOU A PEOPLE PERSON? Brown, Duncan // People Management;10/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p9
The author emphasizes the fundamental importance of engaging employees in the quest for achieving high-performance. He talks about a talk given by Greg Dyke, former head of LWT and the BBC, regarding staff engagement and common purpose. He explains that the purpose of the Chartered Institute of...
- Staff consultation could backfire warns CIPD. // Personnel Today;1/7/2003, p7
Reports on the response of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on staff information and consultation legislation in Great Britain. Provisions under the legislation; Demand of CIPD for flexibility in the legislation; Condition under which legislation will be counter-productive.
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...