Time for an open debate about conflicting discrimination law?
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. Fuller, Georgina // Employers Law;Apr2008, p3
The article offers information on several employee regulations that were introduced in Great Britain in April 2008. The Information and Consultation procedures and consultations on Occupational and Personal Pension schemes have been extended to include employers with 50 or more staff. Changes to...
- What's hotâ€¦. // Employers Law;Apr2008, p4
The article presents news briefs related to labor laws and legislation in Great Britain. The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 came into effect on April 6, 2008. Under Amendments to the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, new mothers whose expected week of childbirth falls on or...
- First among equals. Paton, Nic // People Management;2/25/2010, Special section p19
The article presents information on Great Britain government's landmark equality bill that is scheduled to be enacted in April 2010 and will take effect from October 2010. The bill will bring together nine major pieces of legislation into a single act, including the Equal Pay Act of 1970 and the...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;8/5/2008, p13
The article offers information on various labor laws that will be implemented in Great Britain in October 2008. The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 Regulations 2008 narrows the extent to which it is not discriminatory to deprive a woman of the benefit of her terms and conditions during maternity...
- Sex Discrimination Act. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p54
Reports on changes in the Sex Discrimination Act of 1986 in Great Britain. Sexual orientation of job advertisements; Coverage of small partnerships; Selection of workers for private households.
- Over 100 Pa. lawmakers back anti-discrimination bills on housing, work. // Empty Closet;Jun2013, Issue 468, p14
The article reports on the introduction of bills that would end discrimination based on sexual orientation on housing and work in Pennsylvania with 100 members of the General Assembly allegedly with prime sponsors from the Democratic Pary and the Republican Party in 2013.
- QUIZ: Test your employment law knowledge:. // Paper 360;Sep2008, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p50
A quiz about employment law knowledge particularly the content of Title VII or about religiou discrimination in the workplace is presented.
- Sexuality discrimination to enter statute books. // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p13
Deals with the proposed legislation on sexuality discrimination among workplaces in the United States (U.S.). Possible impact of the legislation on the surge of harassment and discrimination claims; Effect of the legislation on the companies; Details on the sexual harassment complaints taken to...
- Gender non-discrimination bill passed. Szymanski, Katie // Bay Area Reporter;6/7/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the California Assembly's passage of legislation expanding the Fair Employment & Housing Act to include protection from sex discrimination. Results of voting on the bill on May 31, 2001; Fate of similar bill in the Assembly; Key provisions of the legislation.