NEWS ON THE WEB
- Making the switch. Cottell, Colin // Recruiter;11/24/2010, p28
The article focuses on the engagement of agency and in-house recruiters in the same activity in Great Britain. It notes that contingent agency recruiters enjoy the luxury of not being expected to fill the gap or walk away from specific vacancy for days. However, in-house recruiters do not have...
- Remember the knock-on effects. Mayhew, Lisa // Employers Law;Sep2009, p14
The article offers guidelines for British employers on changing the terms of benefits in the labor contracts to avoid redundancy. For collective consultation with employees of 20 or more, the author advises meeting their representatives for consent such as a trade union or fellow employees they...
- OVERTIME AND HOLIDAY PAY. Davies, Christopher // Accountancy;Dec2014, Vol. 153 Issue 1456, p73
The article emphasizes the need for employers in Great Britain to review their holiday pay policy following a 2014 ruling by the Employment Appeal Tribunal on overtime payments. Topics discussed include the key question of what should actually be paid to workers when they are on holiday, the key...
- HOW THE PRICE OF THE MINIMUM WAGE IS PAID BY THE JOBLESS. Lane, Aaron // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Aug2014, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p20
In this article, the author reports on the need of abolishing the policies of minimum wages from Australia. Topics discussed include role of minimum wages in preventing to obtain a better employment opportunity, role of minimum wages in providing minimum standard of living to individuals, and...
- Employers urged to look beyond qualifications. // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p3
The article presents news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on 'Going Green at Work' conference, legislation on the right to request time off for training, and graduate recruiters.
- FAST FORWARD. // People Management;Oct2011, p10
The article presents a timeline of human resources-related events in Great Britain, held from October 1-26, 2011, including the implementation of agency workers regulations, the Conservative Party conference, and the launch of the nonprofit Employwers Network for Equality & Inclusion.
- Untitle. // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p2
The article presents information on personnel management in Great Britain, including those on Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Virgin Group.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;4/22/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs related to employment in Great Britain as of April 2010 including the integration of employer brand with reward strategy, the use by organizations of coaching, and the human resource department conference to be conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;12/3/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p7
This section offers employment management-related news briefs in Great Britain including the increase in the number of older workers and the recommendation by health expert Dr. Steve Boorman that the government improve the staff's health and well-being.