Prison service to mediate for Scottish Government
- Problem solving. // Motor Equipment News;Feb2010, p5
The article discusses how to solve problems in the workplace before resorting to mediation assistance or Employment Relations Authority.
- HR' very own catalytic converter. Fairhurst, David // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2009, p19
The article reports on the launch of new Acas Code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures in Great Britain. The code recommends the use of independent third-parties mediators to act as catalysts for conflict resolution. Indeed, mediator Peter Thompson points out that using...
- Solutions. // HR Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to human resources management, including tips for conducting mediations and the possibility for an employer to require exempt employees to use their paid time off during a business closure of less than a week.
- Discipline History, Seniority, and Reason for Discharge as Predictors of Post-Reinstatement Job Performance. Labig Jr., Chalmer E.; Helburn, I. B.; Rodgers, Robert C. // Arbitration Journal;Sep85, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p44
This article examines the relationships between the post-reinstatement performance of previously discharge employees and their disciplinary history and seniority. The relationship between seniority and post-reinstatement job performance has been examined in more studies. Scholar Arthur Ross...
- WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? Bullmore, Jeremy // Management Today;Apr2005, p79
Presents the authors views on the problems related to the field of management. Question that deals with a manager's attitude towards his junior, a regional manager of a supermarket chain; View that adverse attitude of a senior executive seriously damage junior executive's confidence; Need for...
- ConciliaciÃ³n Laboral - El trabajo ya no es un sitio, es una actitud. Duró, Alexia // Capital Humano;abr2015, Vol. 28 Issue 297, p50
No abstract available.
- Eight ways to suggest a solution. Anderson, Kare // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1999, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p70
Offers a solution on how to resolve industrial conflict. Things that need to be considered; Function of a neutral witness; Importance of flexibility.
- BUILDING A BETTER FUTURE THROUGH MEDIATION: INSIGHTS FROM A SURVEY OF FMCS MEDIATORS. Mareschal, Patrice M. // Journal of Collective Negotiations;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p307
Mediation in the labor-management/employment contexts is somewhat unique in that the parties have an ongoing relationship. Labor mediators strive not only to help the parties solve their immediate conflict, but also to create an environment in which labor and management can improve their...
- Employment ADR How To's. Minick, Bill // Dispute Resolution Journal;Aug98, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p58
The article discusses the steps on how to successfully implement an employment arbitration dispute resolution (ADR) program that can benefit both the company and its employees. A successful employment ADR program, says the author, must consider several issues, such as addressing employee...