Bonus limits may harm state-owned banks
- Are bonuses to blame for banking's downward spiral? Brockett, James // People Management;10/16/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p12
The article discusses the possible role of city bonuses in the banking crisis. There is a growing consensus that bonuses should be risk-adjusted to reflect how profits have been made. According to Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) adviser Charles Cotton, bonuses have become...
- Untitled. // Accountancy;Jan2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1409, p10
This section offers news briefs related to accountancy in Great Britain including pay bonuses for employees and the findings of the financial Services Authority's investigation of events at the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).
- RBS ditches cash bonuses for branch staff. Romeo, Valentina // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);11/19/2015, p11
The article reports on the Royal Bank of Scotland's removal of cash bonuses for its branch employees to ameliorate its aim on its customers.
- Sexes pay gap is linked to bonuses. Brockett, James // People Management;3/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on a claim by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) that the design of bonuses and performance-related pay could be partly responsible for the gender pay gap in Great Britain. The commission has issued guidance detailing a list of pay practices it considers...
- RBS FEELS MORE BONUS PRESSURE. // Treasurer;Feb2014, p7
The article reports that British Labour leader Ed Miliband has asked the government which own 805 stake in Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), to stop the bank from paying huge bonuses to its bankers.
- Untitled. Gilbert, Helen // Personnel Today;9/29/2009, p8
The article focuses on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) unfair bonus distribution. As stated, despite being below in its financial targets and banning the discretionary bonuses for employees, CIPD chief executive, Jackie Orme received a bonus. Although the practice...
- the editors blog. Williams, Helen; West, Dave; Evans, David; Bragg, Graham // Personnel Today;10/27/2009, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the October 13, 2009 issue, including "DRA vital to make way for the young," by Susanne Byrne, "Row over CIPD chief's bonus," by Simon Howard, and a letter on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;7/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p7
This section offers news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. A Talentmap website was launched by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UK) to make it quicker and easier for employers to find what they need. B&Q introduced a monthly bonus scheme for its shopfloor staff...
- Private sector bonuses plummet. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p22
The article focuses on the payout of bonuses in the private sector in Great Britain. John Philpott, chief economist at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), stated that bonuses have virtually dried up in the private sector this year as employers are cutting costs and...