Tulsa to Sell $40 Million of GOs for Street Improvements
- Cities Tap Bonds to Make a River Run Through It. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p1
Reports that several cities in the United States are banking on bonds to finance the beautification of neglected rivers and the restoration of vitality to urban cores in order to spur tourism. Development of the Historic Arkansas Riverwalk of Pueblo in Southern Colorado in 2001; Progress report...
- D.C. Narrows Down Poplar Point Developers to Four Finalists. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p8
The article reports developments of the $10 billion Anacostia Waterfront Initiative aimed at transforming land along Anacostia River into a waterfront property to be known as Poplar Point in Washington D.C. The government has selected four finalists to develop the waterfront. Information on the...
- Fourth annual drive to clean up, beautify Fresno begins next month. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/16/98, Issue 322277, p3
Reports on the fourth annual drive to beautify Fresno, California slated to start on April 1, 1998. Business community's participation in the effort; Availability of city resources to support volunteer activities.
- Brownstown a boomtown. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the development of Brownstown Township, in Michigan. Statistical information on Downriver's residential construction; Other details on industrial development in Brownstown. INSET: Brownstown TWP..
- Firms to sweep downtown. // Inside Tucson Business;06/02/97, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the `Downtown Clean and Safe' project of the association of Tucson, Arizona downtown landlords, building managers, and merchants. Establishment of a business improvement district; Willingness to pay more taxes.
- Tubac named one of 12 `prettiest painted' places in the U.S. Lamb, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;09/29/97, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p9
Reports that Tubac, Arizona was adjudged as one of the most beautiful painted places in the United States in a contest sponsored by the Rohm and Haas Paint Quality Institute. Gratitude by Paul Hart, Tubac Chamber of Commerce president; Winning entry by freelance photographer Nancy Valentine;...
- Facelift needed to lure business. Cardinal, Denise // Las Vegas Business Press;02/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the involvements of businessses in the beautification efforts in Las Vegas, Nevada. Purpose of the Greater Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce's `Beautiful Las Vegas' award; Changes in the city's master plan; Major landscape changes.
- Beauty and our downtown's bottom line. Bonner, Jeffrey P. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p12A
Opinion. Comments on beautification projects in Indianapolis, Indiana. Maintenance of a clean environment; Impact of the beautification on the economy of the city; Need to consider the importance of urban planning.
- City of Rochester. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);8/28/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the city wide clean-up activity of the city council of Rochester in Texas.