The Impact of the Internet? It's Only Just Begun, Strategists Say
- Upstart database site poised to give competitors a fight. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p1
Focuses on the growth in the number of institutional and retail broker-dealers turning to Bond Express' Internet bond listing as their first choice for advertising municipal bond inventories in the United States. Chance for dealers to advertise their offerings without a fee; Competition with...
- Bond Market Assn. to list municipal prices on Internet. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/05/98, Vol. 64 Issue 40, p12
Reports that the Bond Market Association plans to list daily municipal bond prices on the Internet, commencing November 1998. Factors which influenced the association's decision; Comments from John Ladensack, senior vice president of fixed income at Schwab Capital Markets company; Request of the...
- Taking Muni Bonds to the Net. Kittower, Diane // Governing;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p82
Reports on the effect of the electronic bidding and sales of bonds through the Internet on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Results of the move of Pittsburgh to sell its bonds via the Internet; Reason behind the appeal of the electronic sales of bonds; Remarks from Ben Watkins, director of...
- The Muni E-bond Revolution. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p67
Deals with the offering and trading of fixed-income securities and municipal bonds on the Internet in the U.S. Benefits of trading the bonds on the Internet; Traditional way to trading and issuing the bonds; Impact of the electronic revolution in the bond markets on the underwriting community.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p18
Presents the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. Single family mortgage revenue bonds from the Alabama Housing Finance Authority in Alabama; Refunding revenue bonds from First Florida Governmental Financing Commission in Florida;...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p25
Presents the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in the United States, compiled as of July 3, 2000. General obligation bond anticipation notes from the City of New Milford in Connecticut; Public improvement serial bonds from the City of Schenectady in New York; Bond anticipation...
- Led by low rates, Georgia agency's big refunding tops primary. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Reports on developments in the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 10, 1997. Includes news on the $399.2 million refunding from the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia; Scant selling by investors in the secondary market; Flatness of the debt futures market; J.P....
- Bid lists deluge caps muni action despite modest treasury gains. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on the performance of municipal bond market as of August 13, 1997. Gains of 30-year Treasury bonds; Retail sales; Tax-exempt bonds; Producer price index; Serial bonds.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Presents municipal bond market figures current as of August 12, 1997. Triple-A; Pre-tax equivalent; Treasuries; Florida yield curve.