ROC & ROL: Greater Issuance of Puttable Instruments Seen
- Tax-Exempt Funds Shed $2.71 Billion as Investors Pay Their Taxes. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p7
Reports on the loss of tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. Outflow of cash due to the payment of quarterly taxes; Amount of tax-free assets; Increase in basis point of taxable fund yields.
- Cash flow into tax-exempts brings `obscene' yield levels, fund managers say. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30331, p6
Reports on the performance of money market funds in the United States during the first week of February 1998. Cash flow into tax-exempt money funds; Decline in yields on daily notes; Weekly yields; Analysts' assessments of the market.
- Two Weeks of Positive Inflows Add $6 Billion to Tax-Exempt Funds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p6
Reports that tax-exempt money market funds in the United States turned in positive cash flow for the two weeks ending May 15, 2001. Vigilance of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in battling economic weakness by cutting short-term rates by half a point; Benefits for money market fund managers...
- Turmoil in Equities Led to Lighter Than Usual Tax-Day Outflows, Managers Say. Fine, Jacob; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p8
Reports on the decrease in outflows from tax-exempt money market funds due to the volatility in the United States equity market. Statistics on tax free money market fund assets; Movement of money from stock to money funds; Comments from portfolio managers.
- Tax-Exempt Money Funds Lose a Mere $252.5 Million in Latest Week. Albano, Christine // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/8/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p11
The article reports that 252.5 million U.S. dollars were pulled out by investors in the tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S. in the week ended April 4, 2011.
- Tax-Exempts Hit Record High of$315.64B. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p6
Reports on the increase in the tax-exempt money market funds in the U.S.
- Money markets: Worth another look. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;11/18/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 22, p24
Reports on the investment of money market funds in short-term securities in the U.S. Minimal risk of default associated for these securities; Keeping of net asset value of shares to maintain the stable value of money; Consideration of taxable or tax-exempt account before investing in a...
- Variable-rate surges still leaves money market funds hungry. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p45
Reports on the growth of money market funds in the United States, despite the rise of variable-rate debt issuance. Moody's Investors Services' assessment of the market; Investment of money market funds in derivatives; Effects of the growth to the issuance of municipal derivatives.
- Short-Term Demand Met by New Wave Of Derivatives. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p1
Discloses that broker-dealers have released a wave of short-term secondary market derivatives in the United States due to a strong demand from money-market funds. Decline in governments' short-term borrowing needs due to anticipated revenue growth; Offering of five short-term products in the...