Nevada Localities Set for Water System Revenue Bond Deal
- Snail's pace of regulatory changes piques Enron, spurs sale of PGE. Arnett, David // Electric Light & Power;Dec99, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p1
Reports that the slow pace of electric utility reform in the United States has prompted Enron Corp. to sell Portland General Electric Co. (PGE) to Sierra Pacific Resources Corp. Enron's regulatory difficulties following its merger with PGE; Expectations from the merger; Probability of having...
- Arkansas Water Utility Set to Issue First Post-Merger Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p4
Reports the marketing of revenue bonds by the Central Arkansas Water utility in Arkansas. Improvement of the infrastructure; Expansion of the city utility services; Answer to the needs of the residents.
- Following Moody's Drop, Birmingham Water Board Readies $300M Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31457, p5
Reports the move of Waterworks and Sewer Board to sell insured revenue bonds in Birmingham, Alabama. Impetus to the move; Value of the bonds; Purpose of the proceeds.
- New Florida Water Authority hopes to increase bond flow. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p1
Reports on six Florida governments' approval of a restructuring pact that will generate that will replace the West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority with a regional utility called Tampa Bay Water. Expectation for the deal to generate as much as $475 million of water revenue bonds in 1999;...
- Tampa Bay area gets a water agency where before it had water wars. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;09/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30471, p1
Reports on the creation of Tampa Bay Water out of the West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority. Wholesaler of drinking water and owner of production and distribution systems; Inaugural revenue bond sale; Cooperation among Tampa Bay Area's counties and cities; Plans for agency to be a bigger...
- CABs drive sizeable portion of Florida water utility deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30722, p1
Reports on the plan of Tampa Bay Water to issue $376 million of bonds. Mission of the utility as the region's dominant fresh water supplier; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Detroit's outstanding water debt scores upgrades before new sale. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p32
Reports on two rating agencies' upgrade of Detroit, Michigan's outstanding senior-lien water supply system revenue bonds two weeks before a $265 million water bond sale. Ratings given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Moody's Investors Service; Retention of Standard and Poor's rating.
- 'Double-digit bidders' expected for upgraded Oklahoma City utility bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;12/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30540, p32
Reports on the bond issue of the Oklahoma City Water Utilities Trust. Purpose of the bond issue; Sale date and type; Insurance; Bond ratings; Bond counsel.
- San Antonio agency douses market with water system bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p29
Reports on the launching of bond issues to finance the water utility system of San Antonio, Texas. Value of funds at stake; Investment companies officiating the deal; Rate increases for the bonds.