Pataki Seeks New Limits On Bonding
- N.Y. lawmakers blast Gov. Pataki for vetoing bonds. Kaplan, David; Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;04/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30381, p1
Reports on the reaction of New York State legislators on Governor George Pataki's decision to excise $760 million of spending and $849 million of bond issuance from their budget. Pataki's position on the integration of addition spending in the state's proposed budget; Items vetoed in the...
- Pataki revises budget reform plan to curb debt practices. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's revision of a budget reform plan. Curbing of debt practices of the state; Use of the payments from the tobacco settlement.
- Budget options, Pataki's plan. // Crain's New York Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the budget options presented by New York Governor George Pataki for reducing the fiscal deficits being faced by the state. Reduction in the amount of funds set aside for health care and education; Plans of the Governor to raise taxes on insurance companies; Opinion of Pataki regarding...
- Making Tax Increases a Nonstarter. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p1
Reports that New York governor George E. Pataki has promised to solve the state's budget problem by selling tobacco bonds and cutting spending. Methods by which Pataki expects to achieve savings; Deficit in the state's budget; Item in the governor's budget which is likely to trigger a controversy.
- Pataki to Use Tobacco Bonds to Close Gap. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p1
Reports on plans of New York governor George E. Pataki to sell in bonds for closing the multi-million budget gap with backing from the state's portion of tobacco settlement revenues as of December 10, 2002. Expected influence of the proposal on the sale of bonds; Activities of counties and New...
- The pork stops here. Shanahan, Ed // New York;3/27/95, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p24
Focuses on government-spending cuts promised by New York Governor George Pataki.
- Pataki Looking for Balance. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p1
Reports on Governor of New York George E. Pataki's budget plans for the fiscal year 2003. Measures proposed by Pataki to reduce the state's budget deficit; Provisions to give flexibility to bond issuers; Criticism of the plan.
- Gov. Pataki Under Fire. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p1
Reports the accusations raised against the fiscal record of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Plans of Pataki to file a third term candidacy in the general election; Failure of Pataki to enact meaningful debt reform; Contribution of Pataki to the debt reform initiatives.
- Guv candidates work to ignore budget pain. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p1
Reports the strategy of New York Governor George Pataki in ignoring budget gap in the city. Assessment on tax increase; .