Hospital Merger Mystery
- Audit of Florida Pooled Issues Finds Usage, Records Problems. Sigo, Shelly; Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that an unprecedented state audit of eight Florida bond pool issues totaling $1.68 billion in debt has revealed, among other things, that most of the bonds were issued for private, not public, benefit, that some failed to maintain proper records for accountability, and that...
- IRS Ends Audit of 1999 Nassau County, N.Y., Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p5
Reports the conclusion on the audit of the tobacco securitization bond issue by the Internal Revenue Service in Nassau County, New York. Absence of imposing penalty; Queries on the use of bond proceeds; Solution to the budget deficit.
- The Disclosure Dilemma. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p1
Focuses on issues related to the disclosure of audited financial statements for the year 2001 by bond issuers in the U.S. Date due for the submission of the financial statements; Validity of the audited financial statements; Legal requirement for the update of financial statements.
- IRS Plans More Health Care Audits. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30906, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's plans to audit additional bond issues related to hospital mergers. Reasons of the agency for widening the scope of its examination of merger-related health system bonds; Merging hospitals that have received notices from the agency.
- IRS Investigating 1995 Refunding Of Mississippi Housing Authority. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p1
Reports the launching of an audit refunding by the Washington Internal Revenue Service. Sale of the refunding deal by the Housing Development Corp.; Campaign in examining housing bonds for possible tax violations; Disclosure of the audit.
- State Clears Detroit to Continue With Planned Water Bond Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32076, p3
No abstract available.
- Panel Members Praise Audit of Florida Bond-Pool Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p3
An audit of eight Florida bond-pool issues released by state auditor general William Monroe that found most of the bonds were issued for private benefit and that proper records were not kept drew the attention of more than 100 municipal finance officials meeting in Orlando, Florida. The report...
- Audit Sparks Questions About Sacramento School District's Pension Plan, Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p3
Reports that an audit commissioned by the board of the Sacramento City Unified School District in California has raised numerous questions about an agency created to fatten the retirement of district executives. Reason for the creation of the California Administrative Services Authority (CASA)...
- Panel: IRS Should Be Allowed to Disclose Audit Data. McConnel, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p45
The article reports on the need for the United States Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt bond enforcement division to be able to directly disclose audit information to prevent complete data from clouding broad sectors of the municipal market. A report from the members of the Advisory...