McCain's gambit: Sway Washington from Arkansas
- Top 10 John McCain Campaign Donors. // Human Events;6/16/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p15
A list of top ten contributors to the presidential campaign of U.S. Senator John McCain along with their contributed amount is presented.
- IN CALIFORNIA, CAMPAIGN FINANCE MEETS THE UN-MCCAIN. Rauch, Jonathan // National Journal;3/04/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p677
Deals with the campaign finance reform initiative of Ron Unz in California. Background and description on Unz; Reason for the oppositions on his proposal; Supporters of his initiative; Errors of Unz and Senator John McCain regarding their campaign reform plans.
- The big idea? Ask McCain. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p8
Supports presidential aspirant John McCain's advocacy of implementing reforms for campaign finance in the United States. Voters' displeasure over the irrelevance of their participation in the political process; Concerns over special interests that are calling the shots and getting preferential...
- What's Wrong With McCain? Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/26/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p1
Comments on the efforts of Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) to pursue a campaign finance reform bill in the United States (U.S.). Relationship between McCain and U.S. President George W. Bush; Debate over the legislation; Opposition of Republican senators to the reform bill.
- Top 10 Contributors to the McCain Campaign. // Human Events;3/10/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p10
A list of the top 10 contributors to the presidential campaign funds of Republican Senator John McCain which totaled to $53.7 million through the end of January 2008 according to the Federal Election Commission data is presented, including Blank Rome, Merrill Lynch and Citigroup Inc.
- Their common cause. H.F. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/31/97, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p18
Reports on the participation by Senators John McCain and Russell Feingold in the Project Independence campaign to collect signatures in support of campaign finance reform across the United States. McCain and Feingold as proponents of a bill that would restrict the campaign spending of federal...
- Senators Feingold and McCain. Myers, Dee Dee // Vanity Fair;June97, Issue 442, p100
Focuses on United States Senators Russell Feingold and John McCain who agree on the necessity of reform in campaign financing. Survival from a Senate investigation as one of the `Keating Five'; Corruption of money in the Senate.
- McCain gets help from defense firms. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;4/15/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p14
The article reports on the support gained by Senator John McCain from defense companies for his re-election campaigns in the U.S. including Lockheed Martin, EADS North America, and United Technologies Corp.
- The hard truth about McCain's soft money ban. Miller, Ellen // American Prospect;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p12
Discusses the effectiveness of United States presidential candidate John McCain's proposal to ban soft money contributions to political parties. Reliance of candidates to `hard money'; Conflict of interest issues on political contributions.