Massachusetts Has $700 Million Refunding in the Pipeline
- Alternative yield-burning approach would exempt 75% of early '90s deals. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p1
Reports that advance bond refundings in the United States between 1990 and 1995 are not subject to enforcement action by federal regulators for yield-burning abuses. Alternative to the US Internal Revenue Service's revenue procedure; Effort by groups to reach consensus on set of factors that...
- Worried About Debt Cap, Illinois Agency Says No to $150 Million Refunding. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p3
Deals with the decision of the Illinois Health Facilities Authority not to pass a $150 million refunding bond issue. Refunding of Evanston Northwestern Healthcare; Impact of the decision on the ability of Illinois-based health care borrowers to access capital; Outstanding debt of Evanston;...
- IRS Rules On Advance Refunding. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p1
Reports the ruling released by United States Internal Revenue Service on advanced refunding of bonds. Components of the ruling; Significance of the ruling to bond issuers; Impact on broader regulations regarding private-activity bond refunding.
- N.J. Turnpike OKs Up to $2.53B Of New-Money, Refunding Bonds. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33391, p5
The article reports that the New Jersey Turnpike Authority has approved up to 2.53 billion U.S. dollars of new-money and refunding bonds in helping to finance capital projects and generate potential debt-service savings in New Jersey.
- Famine After Feast: Looking Ahead to a Very Quiet Week. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;4/24/2015, p7
The article discusses aspects of the municipal bond market. It states that municipal bond traders are looking for a quiet week as there are no new issues over $250 million on it. It reports that the Treasury Department's suspension of sales of state and local government series may affect some...
- Issuers Refunding BABs Despite Uncertainty About Reissuance Rules. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;7/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34150, p1
The article reports that U.S. issuers are redeeming their Build America Bonds (BABs) due to uncertainty in reissuance rules. Topics discussed include receiving of e subsidy payments from the Treasury Department in BABs, reduction of 7.2 percent payments to issuers in BABs in 2014 and information...
- Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Florida as of August 14, 1997. Cooperation between Jim Eaton in the investigation of bond deals in the region; Broward County's search for a new administrator; Joe Gersten's request for a refugee status in Australia.
- Florida. McKenna, Jon; Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Georgia as of August 14, 1997. Appointment of David Lucas as manager of Interstate/Johnson Lane's Macon brokerage branch; Individuals honored at the Atlanta Municipal Bond Club's annual gathering.
- From the TM3 wire. Louis, Brian; Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p2
Presents news briefs related to the bond market in the United States as of October 24, 1997. Includes New York City's sale of tax-exempt new-money and refunding general obligation bonds; Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin's stress on the importance of fast track trade legislation to the US global...