Bush Seeks New School Volume Cap
- President Bush Lays Out an Ambitious Education Agenda. // Curriculum Administrator;Mar2001, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the education agenda of United States President George W. Bush. Strategy to avoid the distractions of critics; Proposal for the tax deductibility of tuition fees; Offer of vouchers for poor students in failing schools.
- Advocates Warn Voc. Ed. Cuts May Be Afoot. Cavanagh, Sean; Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;11/27/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the concerns of some education organizations over the possible budget cuts by George W. Bush Administration in the funding of the federal vocational education program. Vocational program's budget for the fiscal year 2002; Rumors surrounding the budget-cutting proposals; Commitment of...
- Failing with "Faith-Based" Education. Benen, Steve // Education Digest;Sep2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p4
Observes United States President George W. Bush's faith-based program which he intends to apply to education as well as other areas. Significance of the program; Amount awarded to Prepared Table Charter School in state and federal funding; Important difference between the incidents at religious...
- MEMORANDUM TO THE PRESIDENT. Finn Jr., Chester E.; Manno, Bruno V. // Education Week;01/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p56
Discusses several principles to improve education addressed to the United States President George W. Bush. Aspects of education where money should be spent; Need for the government to focus on the youth; Importance of providing information to parents and policymakers concerning educational issues.
- Bush Decision to Rejoin UNESCO Applauded. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;9/25/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
Reports that U.S. experts in education and international affairs have applauded U.S. President George W. Bush's decision to rejoin the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) after the U.S. pulled out in 1984. Continued involvement of the U.S. in UNESCO even...
- First Couple Report No Interest From Tax-Exempt Bond Holdings. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p3
Reports the lack of interest of president George W. Bush and wife Laura Washington from tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. Release of the bare-bones details of the first family's tax returns for 2001; Lack of investment in tax-exempt securities; Amount of adjusted gross income.
- Bush Plan Has One Tax-Exempt Bond Proposal, for Schools. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p5
Reports the tax exempt bond proposal of President George Bush for schools in the United States. Creation of a housing tax credit program; Provision of incentives for private investors to construct or rehabilitate houses; Expectations on the tax credit plan.
- The Tax-Exempt Factor. Johnson, Anastasija; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p1
The article reports that U.S. President George W. Bush, a Republican, and Senator John Kerry, a Democrat, have taken opposing stances on income taxes. Bush wants to make permanent his tax cuts that he credits with driving the economic recovery. He also plans to reform the tax code, which could...
- CAPITOL VIEW. O'Brien, Nancy // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2001, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p46
Outlines key points raised in the budget proposal submitted by United States President George W. Bush to Congress, which places significant emphasis on education. Increased accountability for student performance; Research-based programs and practices; Empowerment of parents; Reduction of...