Rescued by Revenue Debt?
- Calif. Bill Turns on the Green Light. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p1
Reports on California Assembly's passage of a bill to create a state power authority and authorize up to $5 billion in revenue bonds to increase the state's energy supply. Lawmakers' effort to amend at least two existing bills; Aim to set a specific dollar amount of power-purchase revenue bonds...
- Progress continues on a generation information system in New England. Belval, Paul N.; Filotto, Alex G. // Electric Light & Power;Feb2001, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p10
Highlights the electric utility industry legislation enacted by the New England states. Categories that cover the legislation; Reasons for the states' decision to draft the legislation; Operations of the system.
- Texas Senate ready to decide on deregulation measure. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30600, p40
Reports on an electric power deregulation bill in Texas Senate. Electric utilities' recovery of stranded costs through bond issues; Exemption of municipal securities and cooperatives from competing in an open market.
- Lawmakers offer new electricity restructuring measure. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30650, p34
Focuses on the legislation introduced in the United States Congress that would protect the tax-exempt status of municipal utilities' existing bonds and allow future tax-exempt financing for distribution facilities. Key provisions; Similar bill previously introduced in the House; Prospects of...
- Revamped bill friendly to muni electric debt. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p5
Reports on lawmakers Steve Largent and Ed Markey's introduction of legislation addressing financial issues related to municipal electric utilities in the United States. Provisions affecting utility bonds.
- Blackout Gives New Urgency To Energy Legislation. // American Gas;Oct2003, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the passage of a comprehensive energy legislative bill by the U.S. Congress. Indication of the legislation; Expansion of the utility pipeline system; Approval of the bill.
- Update. // Environmental Law Review;2003, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p206
Presents news briefs related to various types of legislation in Great Britain as of April-June 2003. Features of the Electricity Act 2003; Environmental proposals included in the finance bill for 2003-2004; Highlights of the Fishery Limits Amendment Bill.
- Timely Delay Offers Opportunity for Compromise. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p4
Reports on the United States House Commerce Committee's decision to postpone action on the proposed comprehensive electricity restructuring bill. Reasons why work on the bill was being delayed; Senate Energy Committee's decision to abandon its efforts to produce a comprehensive bill for the...
- Hungary sets new industry structure. // Utility Week;6/1/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
The article reports that the government in Hungary has approved a bill to liberalize the electricity market in the country in line with European directives from January 1, 2008. It notes that utilities need to apply for a universal service provider license so that they can purchase power on the...