Cleveland Mayor Blasts Convention Center Plan
- Check it out. // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10
Opinion. Comments on Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Michael White's abandonment of plans to create a domed stadium/convention center complex. Problems regarding the existing convention center; Assessment of Cleveland's place in the convention world; Call for the exploration of other options.
- White to keep convention center near top of agenda. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/26/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio Mayor Michael White's plans to empanel a task force of specialists from the Convention & Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland and business leaders to study the need for a new convention complex. Focus of White's administration on completing an agreement with the...
- Candidates will hear of convention center need. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on Convention & Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland's plan to devise a strategy to educate mayoral candidates on the need for a new convention center in Cleveland, Ohio. Scheduled brainstorming session by members of the legislative committee of the convention bureau's board; Importance...
- Four more years. // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p10
Opinion. Comments on the role of Mayor Michael White, in advancing and institutionalizing the changes made at City Hall, and in the city of Cleveland, Ohio. Efforts of Councilwoman Helen Smith; Information on Mayor White's political philosophies.
- Cleveland's top salesman: Michael R. White, mayor. // Association Management;Dec96, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p98
Presents a question and answer section with Mayor Michael R. White, top salesman in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Trio bid to run Perth project. // Marketing Event;Sep99, p13
Deals with the bid of Leighton Contractors, Multiplex Consortium and Nexus Consortium to build and manage the Perth Convention and Exhibition Center (PCEC) in Perth, Western Australia. When the center will open; What the complex will house; Expected amount of revenue the complex will inject...
- Garner upbeat on Wembley's future. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Apr2001, p8
Deals with the statement released by Janet Garner, managing director of Wimbley Conference Centre in London, England, regarding the rumored sale of the site. Clarification made by Garner on the issue; Plan of the management to develop the site.
- More space at Telford centre. // Marketing Event;Sep2001, p6
Presents information on the Telford International Centre's redevelopment program in Great Britain. Cost of the redevelopment; Improvements to the structure.
- Quebec's good luck. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p51
Announces Ottawa's first grant under the infrastructure program, a total of $27 million to be put toward the $81 million convention center in Quebec City. Despite infrastructure program requirements calling for federal, provincial and municipal involvement there will be no municipal...