State Appointee Wants Camden, N.J., CFO Replaced
- Business Administrator Sees Bright Future for City. Chevalier, Jack // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p22
Profiles Norton B. Bonaparte Jr., business administrator for the city of Camden, New Jersey. Percentage of the city which is tax-exempt; Structures that do not have to pay taxes; Amount proposed by the state legislature to revitalize Camden.
- Bonaparte Reflects on His First Year. Hrenchir, Tim // Public Management (00333611);Jun2007, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p30
The article presents a reprint of the article "Bonaparte Reflects on His First Year," by Tim Hrenchir which appeared in the March 13, 2007 issue of the "Tropeka Capital-Journal." It discusses the challenges of Norton Bonaparte Jr. as the city manager of Topeka, Kansas. It also highlights some...
- Authentic Expression. Cashman, Kevin; Walsh, Paul // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the importance of encouraging self-expression among chief executive officers. Role of expression in sustaining administrative effectiveness and authenticity; Value of expression in honing leadership skills and qualities.
- Are CFOs Ready For Prime Time? O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p28
Focuses on the readiness of chief financial officers to regulations in the U.S. Results of a survey conducted by CFO Research Services and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- CORRECTION. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul/Aug2008 Supplement, p4
A correction is presented to a graphic that appeared on page 22 of the May/June, 2008 issue.
- CFOs bullish on expansion, but worry about tax increases. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p28
Reports on the corporate chief financial officers' (CFO) optimism on expansion opportunities for 1993. Concerns over the effect of tax increases; Percentage of companies with expansion plans; Percentage of companies cautious about expansions; Concern over corporate tax policy; Other threats to...
- Private firms should revisit accounting practices. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p5
Relates the results of a survey of chief financial officers on the impact of new accounting regulations in the U.S. Changes in firms' accounting procedures; Enhancement of organization's internal audit function.
- Fortune 1,000 Chief Financial Officers on Business School Education. Collier, Ben; Wilson, Michael J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p47
Surveys the educational background of the chief financial officers (CFO) of the Fortune 1000 companies. Actual schools attended by the CFOs and the majors and degrees they earned; CFOs' undergraduate and graduate choices if they were preparing for their current position; Popularity of Bachelor...
- What Does a Graduate Need?: Evidence from the Careers and Opinions of CFOs. Collier, Ben; Wilson, Michael J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p59
Surveys the attitudes of the chief financial officers (CFO) of the Fortune 1000 companies towards selected academic subjects and skills. Career paths of the CFOs; Number of areas worked by typical CFO; Useful academic subjects and personal skills; Finance and accounting as very important...