- Editor, Mentor, Friend. O'Donovan, Leo J. // America;12/3/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 18, p25
The article features vice president and senior editor of Continuum International publisher Frank Oveis of New York City. Oveis works at Seabury Press after he graduated at Fordham University and have worked at several publishing companies. He believes that their publishing business maintains its...
- the book business. Clee, Nicholas // New Statesman;5/2/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4738, p55
Discusses how large bookstores tend to sell the same books with little variation. Assertion that bookstores need to stock books they know will sell rather than hold onto less popular books that only a few people are looking for; Remarks about publishing at a Booksellers Association conference...
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Takes a look at news related to book publishers, for the week ended January 30, 2000. Includes decline of same-store sales at bookseller Waterstone's; Simon & Schuster's selection of HarperCollins to handle its distribution responsibilities.
- Does MR BIG really know what we want to read? Cohen, Nick // New Statesman;8/22/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4754, p18
Focuses on Scott Pack, buying manager for bookstore Waterstone's. His reputation in the publishing industry; Denial by Pack that he has influence over the success of an author's work; How the bookstore will be centralized; Competition with other bookstores; Pack's dislike of booklists for...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;3/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p8
Reports developments in the publishing industry as of March 18, 2002. Reorganization of marketing teams of Waterstone's; Transfer of office of Taschen GmbH; Relaunch of World Leisure Marketing Strategies by the World Leisure Market.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p8
Presents news about the international book industry, as of November 2000. Sales at Waterstone's, owned by HMV Media Group; Financial results for Dealerfield.
- WATERSTONE'S. // Marketing (00253650);10/9/2003, p46
Waterstone's Booksellers Ltd. is Great Britain's leading specialist bookseller. The first Waterstone's bookshop opened on Old Brompton Road in West London, England in 1982. Waterstone's introduced a specialist online bookselling site in 1996, and in 2001 formed a strategic alliance with Amazon...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p8
Cites developments concerning the international book publishing industry, as of July 17, 2000. Rise in comparable-store sales of Waterstone Booksellers for the year ended April 30; Academic publisher Taylor & Francis' plan to make almost all of its titles available as electronic books by the...
- New Lego dollhouses aim to attract girls. // Advertising Age International;Jan/Feb97, pI2
Reports on biggest European toy company Lego's launch of Lego Scala, its most expensive product and the first to target girls.