Microsoft: We're Here To Support--Not Compete With--Publishers
- Will city magazines get snared in the Web? Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p21
Reports on publishers' concerns over Microsoft's plan to create `communities' on the World Wide Web, where an online viewer can information normally provided by city and regional magazines. Amount budgeted for the project code-named CityScape; Role of CUC International; Joint ventures between...
- Commentary: Battle Lines Forming Over Next E-Publishing Platform. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p24
Comments on the impact on electronic publishing of Microsoft Corp.'s launching of its electronic book platform. Outlook of whether Adobe can fend off the competitive efforts of Microsoft; Digital rights management (DRM) issues that the industry should face.
- Microsoft's strategy of `transactional content'. Kirsner, Scott // Editor & Publisher;09/27/97, Vol. 130 Issue 39, p32
Talks about Microsoft Corp.'s efforts to become king of the Web's `transactional content.' Study on Microsoft's growing sprawl of publishing ventures; Prediction from Forester Research; Pressure for the company to sustain its phenomenal growth; National effort needed by the newspaper industry...
- What Rights Have You? Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;1/4/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the rising anxiety about the electronic-book (e-book) question. Various comments about e-book sales; Discussion on e-book rights; Some trends in the publishing process.
- Microsoft's Blackbird flies this week. // PC Week;3/27/95, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p3
Reports on Microsoft's introduction of its on-line-service publishing tool, codenamed Blackbird.
- Indiana e-publisher dominating market. Luke // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p30
Features Bloomington, Indiana-based electronic publisher 1stBooks Library. Value of the worldwide book-selling market; Business operations; Competitors in the electronic publishing industry; Online publishing fees.
- New e-book publishing service debuts. // Information Today;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p38
Features Nashua, New Hampshire's MesaView Inc., which debuted as an electronic publisher for the 21st century. Online products and services offered by MesaView; Server technology being used to deliver electronic books in multiple formats; Method offered to authors and publishers to publish...
- Microsoft's new field of dreams. Aaland, Mikkel // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/15/94, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p23
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s entry into the periodical information publishing business with its Complete Baseball software. Incorporation of CD-ROM and online technologies; Scheduled shipment; Features and capabilities.
- Goff gets Cityscape post. L.M. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;9/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p23
Reports that Microsoft Corp. has chosen Michael Goff, founder of the periodical `Out,' to head its planned network of local World Wide Web sites. Position of editor in chief in Microsoft project code-named `Cityscape.'