Electronics Retailer May Rescue Chapters From Hostile Takeover
- IBM, Trilogy Scratch Each Other's Back. Trembly, Ara C. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/09/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p15
Reports on the global strategic alliance between IBM Corp.and Trilogy Software Inc. as of April 2001. Aims of the alliance; Terms under the alliance; Products offered under the alliance; Impact of the alliance on the financial services industry.
- IBM, Trilogy Scratch Each Other's Back In Global Strategic Alliance. Trembly, Ara C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/9/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p50
Reports on the strategic alliance announced by IBM and Trilogy Software Inc. in 2001. Terms of the deal; Benefits of the alliance for global financial service providers; Products to be offered by the alliance.
- Trilogy Extends Offer Deadline for Chapters. Lottman, Leah R. // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p17
Reports on the extension of Trilogy's tender offer for Chapters to January 24, 2001. Trilogy's explanation for the extension; What Chapters claimed about the extension; Chapters' retail sales in December 2000.
- Chapters Relents; Advises Shareholders to Sell to Trilogy. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Chapters Inc. book retailer has advised its shareholders to sell their shares to Trilogy company which will acquire Chapters. Decision of the Ontario Securities and Exchange Commission not to force Trilogy to extend its bid to Chapters' shares; Expected completion of the deal...
- Chapters Gets Electronic White Knight. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;1/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p169
Reports on the planned purchase of Canadian bookstore chain Chapters Inc. by Future Shop Inc., an electronics superstore chain. Value of the purchase; Terms under the deal; Brief background on the companies.
- Fundraisers gets boost from deal with Microsoft. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p3
The article informs that Michigan Chapter Inc. is expecting to double the proceeds from its annual awards dinner fundraiser to more than $650,000 because of a new sponsorship with Microsoft Corp. According to Darrious Hilmon, vice president of marketing and development of Michigan Chapter, the...
- Canadian electronics retailer eyes expansion; future shop explores creative, media options. Tyrer, Kathy // Adweek Western Edition;4/22/96, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p5
Reports that the Canadian electronics chain Future Shop Ltd. is in search for an advertising agency to handle its creative and media accounts. Budget for the advertising account; Comments from company officials; Criteria for the selection of the advertising agency.
- Future Shop invests in tomorrow's leaders. // Asian Pacific Post;9/18/2008, p22
This article reports on a donation received by Queen Elizabeth Secondary in Surrey, British Columbia, from Future Shop in 2008.
- Looking into the future shop. Gazdik, Tanya // Adweek Western Edition;06/23/97, Vol. 47 Issue 25, p6
Reports that Future Shop retailers are seeking agencies to handle its broadcast creative, media planning and placement account. Combined billings of the company; Agencies that were invited to be reviewed; Comments from Peter DeVerteuil, advertising director.