Houston Names Permanent Finance Director
- CITY EMPLOYEES CHARGED IN SWAP. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/10/99, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p21
Reports that a Harris County, Texas Grand Jury has indicted several Houston City government employees for violating the state bidding law and tampering with government documents. Details of the charges; Amount of money involved in corruption; How the anomaly was discovered.
- Houston to become largest renewable energy buyer. // Hill;6/24/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 76, p16
The article reports on the agreement of Houston city officials in Texas to purchase half of its electricity from renewable resources, making the city the biggest municipal purchaser of renewable energy in the U.S.
- Recent appointments. // Quadrant Magazine;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 41 Issue 7/8, p61
Focuses on the appointment of various civil servants. Names of persons appointed; Positions which persons are expected to occupy; Career information on the appointees.
- CLEAR DAYS ON THE MUNICIPAL SCENE. // New Yorker;3/14/1959, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p120
An excerpt from the "Providence Journal" regarding the appointment of several government employees in New York City is presented.
- Should Personnel Selection Tests Be Used on a Pass-Fail, Grouping, or Ranking Basis? Sproule, Charles F. // Public Personnel Management;Winter84, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p375
Presents the uniform guidelines on employee selection procedures. Discussion on the legal requirement and professional testing standards for the method used; Description on the trend in merit system certification practices; Details on the use of score grouping.
- Houston Mayor Forces Resignation of Public Works Chief. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p4
Reports on Houston, Texas Mayor Lee Brown's call for the resignation of the city's director of public works Jerry King. Problems concerning cost overruns on some bond-funded projects; Lack of departmental supervision of contractors; Delay in the department's street overlay program.
- HOUSTON, WE HAVE A SOLUTION. WEBLEY, KAYLA // Marie Claire (US Edition);Jun2015, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p93
An interview with Annise Parker, Mayor of Houston, Texas, is presented. Topics discussed by Parker include the need for women to make rape as their priority issue, the effort of the city to address its backlog of rape kits and then convicted rapists and filed charges against those who were...
- Selection Theory for a Political World. Cronbach, Lee J. // Public Personnel Management;Jan/Feb80, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the process of employee selection and promotion in the civil service in the U.S. Presence of discrimination in the selection process; Link between politics and personnel selection; Rationales for improving and defending personnel selection.
- The Importance of Selection in Public Sector Administration. Springer, James P. // Public Personnel Management;Spring82, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p9
Analyzes the selection of employees on the public administration in U.S. Importance of the selection process on elected public officials; Concern for retaining merit selection in government; Cost benefit of a selection program.