Report: Troubled Connecticut City Should Up Pension Fund Contribution
- Deal in Focus: Minneapolis Selling $35 Million to Cover Pension Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p32
Reports on the attempt of government of Minneapolis state to borrow $35 million to meet obligations on two closed employee pension funds. Benefits of a taxable general obligation bond to the state; Information on various funds setup by the government; Details of financial transactions planned...
- Potential changes to super gearing. // Super Review;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p6
The article cites a report on self-managed super funds (SMSF) warning that there could be changes in the 2010 Federal Budget to the way gearing in super rules in Australia.
- City pension funds flourish. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/15/97, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on the savings accrued by the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan on its pension system. Gradual reduction of the annual contribution to the general pension plan for non-uniformed employees; Full funding of the police and fire plan; First Ward Commissioner James Kozak's as chairperson of the...
- PRESCRIPTION FOR AN AILING PENSION FUND. // njbiz;9/29/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p2
Focuses on a study conducted to review how New Jersey manages its state pension funds. Key findings; Commissioner of the study; Recommendations.
- THE BIG FIX. Little, Bruce // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
No abstract available.
- Life and pension funds steer clear of PFI projects. // Public Finance;04/18/97, p15
Reveals why life and pension fund property investors shy away from Great Britain's private finance initiative (PFI). Lack of understanding in risk allocation; Investment in four PFI equity funds; Preference for liquidity and tradability.
- Public fund accountability. Sonntag, Brian // Pensions & Investments;2/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
Discusses public sector leaders' use of performance audits to improve their management practices and achieve greater accountability. Establishment of performance audits as a standard operating procedure for public pension funds; Characteristics of pension funds that make performance audit a...
- City news. // Public Finance;06/14/96, p15
Presents news about public finance and pension funds in Great Britain during June 1996. Council borrowings for 1995; Effect of minimum wages to job cuts; Proportion of London's working population who are likely to suffer from financial hardship during retirement.
- Connecticut. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p18S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Connecticut. Management of the pension fund investments; Introduction of legislation that allows colleges and universities to issue revenue anticipation notes; Data on state and state authorities general use of proceeds.