Budget Shortfall Unlikely to Hurt Suffolk County's Credit
- S&P Salutes NYC's Financial Performance with GO Upgrade. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30975, p1
Reports the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. for the financial performance of New York, New York. Details on the sale of taxable fixed-rate bonds; Impact of the 2001 municipal elections on the financial performance of the city; Views on the improvement of general obligation rating.
- Pair of Maine Issuers Share Downgrades, Not Much Else. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p25
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to downgrade the ratings of a county and a town in Maine in December 2006. The rating agency downgraded York County's ratings from A-plus to A-minus. The town of Paris had a rating of BBB-plus from A-minus. The downgrades appear to be...
- Millbrae Goes Negative. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p39
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to revise it outlook for Millbrae, California to negative from stable.
- Tucson ranks with the 'creative class'. // Inside Tucson Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that Tucson, Arizona, ranks 16th on the next Cities list of super cities. It is noted that Next Generation Consulting issued the ranking which honored the city with more than 500,000 population, a better place to live and work for young professionals. It reveals that San...
- Moody's Upgrades Booming Boston to Aa2. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Boston, Massachusetts' rating with a positive outlook to the city's general obligation bonds. Factors contributing to the upgrading of the city's rating; Growth in the city's assessed valuation for 2000 and 2001.
- S&P's Outlook for Toledo, Ohio, Improves. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;07/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30935, p5
Reports that Standard & Poor's has improved the outlook on its ratings for Toledo, Ohio. Rating given to the city's general obligation limited tax issue scheduled to sell on July 20, 2000; Improvements in Toledo's economic conditions.
- Rhode Island Lawmakers Begin Session, But Avoid Deficit Action. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/6/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33245, p3
The article reports on the start of the 2010 session of the legislators of the General Assembly in Rhode Island. The Assembly discussed bills on voter registration and teacher health care but not the 218 million dollar-fiscal deficit in 2009. Governor Donald Carcieri proposed for the reduction...
- Moody's Downgrades Kansas City, Kan. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;2/02/2015, p11
The article reports on the move of the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to downgrade its rating to Unified Government of Kansas City and Wyandotte County, in Kansas to A3 from A2 due to budget issues and a high debt burden. The downgrade comes before the issuance of 61-million...
- WISCONSIN: S&P Bullish on State. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/6/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33245, p7
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. is bullish about the economic condition of Wisconsin. S&P gives the state an AA rating due to the resilience of its economy, how it adjusted its budget despite revenue fluctuations and its ability to make budget corrections despite a drop in...