GASB Poses Clarifications, Changes for Reporting Model
- Accounting in Wonderland. Letwin, Oliver // Public Finance;11/24/2000, p26
Opinion. Comments on the creation of a statutory National Accounts Commission (NAC) in Great Britain. Claims on the efforts of the Conservative Party to parallel the accounting standards of private companies with the government; Concept of accounting in public finance; Recommendation for the...
- CHARITY REGULATORS KICK OFF EXTENDED SORP CONSULTATION. // Accountancy;Jun2016, Vol. 156 Issue 1474, p53
The article discusses the consultation launched by Great Britain's Charity Commission and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator in an effort to improve the new charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) for reporting and accounting before the British accounting standards are updated.
- A&A watch. // Practical Accountant;Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p17
Presents news briefs pertaining to government accounting standards in the United States as of February 2000.
- GASBâˆ¼ New Public Pension Rules Should Spur Reform. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;6/26/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33737, p4
The article presents information on an announcement made by the new board of the Government Accounting Standards Board for reconsideration of its public pension plan.
- AGA seminar: Government Accounting Standards. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/20/97, Vol. 44 Issue 42, p12
Announces that the Association of Government Accountants, Long Island, New York chapter, will hold seminars for auditors and accountants titled `Government Accounting Standards Bureau Update,' on October 22, 1997.
- Issue Offers Answers to Pressing Concerns. Wagaman, David D. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2016, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including public accounting, types of mentors, and accounting standards in Pennsylvania.
- ISSUES AND CHALLENGES IN THE ADOPTION OF PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS: A DEVELOPING COUNTRY PERSPECTIVE. Patel, Arvind; Prasad, Pranil // Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p433
This paper examines the issues and challenges surrounding the adoption of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) in Fiji. In particular, the focus is on the benefits and challenges of the current cash basis IPSAS used in Fiji compared to the benefits and challenges of the...
- What is the GASB? Ebersole, W. Daniel // State News (Council of State Governments);Aug2006, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses the role of the Government Accounting Standard Board (GASB) in the U.S. The board established an accounting and financial standards to help and guide the public in financial information in the accounting system of each state. It also assures that the information is...
- Cost accounting standards for federal government. // CPA Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the US Federal Accounting Standards Board's (FASB) issuance of a proposed statement of recommended accounting standards for the government entitled `Managerial Cost Accounting Standards for the Federal Government.' Purpose of the standards; Performance measurement as goal; Subjects...