N.C. County May Request $200M Issue for New Schools
- Controversy Swirls Around Colorado Charter School's Bond Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p3
Reports on the controversy concerning the allegations made by officials from the Jefferson County Public School District in Colorado that bond funds issued for the charter school were handled improperly by administrators. Reaction of the treasurer of a Colorado charter school to the...
- Windy City TIF Windfall? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p1A
Reports on Chicago Public Schools officials' plan to sell bonds backed by revenues from expiring tax increment finance districts.
- Alpine, Utah, School District Wants $200 Million Bond Vote. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports that the Alpine School District in Utah is considering a May 2001 referendum for general obligation bonds. Estimated value of the bonds; Student population in the district as of 2000; Use of the bond proceeds to finance new schools as well as expansions and improvements to existing...
- New Mexico to Sell $63 Million for Seniors, Education Needs. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p42
Focuses on New Mexico's plan to sell general obligation debt on February 13, 2001 to finance projects aimed at improving public education facilities and those for senior citizens. Amount of bonds to be issued by New Mexico; Voters' approval of the bond package on November 7, 2000.
- Public Finance Groups Attack School Bond Restrictions. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p4
Reports on public finance groups' call for members of the United States congressional tax-writing committees to promote school construction by easing several bond restrictions in the tax code. Proposed changes to the tax law to make it easier for school districts to sell bonds; Proposed...
- As part of funding fix, Ohio will sell largest installment of school bonds to date. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p30
Discusses the Office of the Ohio Treasurer's plan to issue $110 million of lease-rental bonds on behalf of elementary and secondary schools. Aim to raise fund for the building and renovation of public schools; Ratings and structure of the issue; Uncertainty about whether future state funding...
- A Charter First. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p29
The article reports that in the third charter school bond deal to be sold in the Pennsylvania, the Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority last week sold $4.25 million of bonds on behalf of Propel Schools. The Propel School is a K-8 facility in Homestead, just outside of Pittsburgh...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.