Dec. CPI Up 0.2%; Core Rate Up 0.1%
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May2000, p7
Discusses the 0.7 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index in March 2000. Role of rising energy prices; Rise in prices in sectors excluding food and energy; Indication from the Consumer Price Index that inflation is on the rise.
- On the economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/04/99, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p13
Presents an overview of the United States economy for the week of January 4, 1999. Benefits of declining inflation pressures; Percentage increase in the consumer price index; Reasons for the demise of inflation; Forecast for consumer prices in 1999.
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/25/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p33
Presents economic developments in the United States for August 2000. Percentage decline of the Consumer Price Index; Increase in public transportation costs; Pace of consumer spending.
- It's One Remarkable Economy. Mcdonough, William J. // National Mortgage News;09/04/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p4
Discusses important indicators related to the longest economic expansion in the history of the United States. Rapid growth of the annual real gross domestic product since 1996; Sharp decline of the core inflation index; Decline in unemployment rate.
- Core Consumer Price Rise Least Since 1965. // American Banker;1/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p32
Reports that consumer prices in the United States rose at the slowest rate since 1965. Statistics concerning consumer price index, industrial production, and business sales; Outlook for economic expansion for year 2000.
- Retail Sales Unexpectedly Strong in June. // American Banker;7/17/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 135, p26
Reports on the increase in retail sales throughout the United States, as of July 2000. Impact of such a rise on the US Economy; Reasons for the increase, including how consumers have more income to spend; Correlation between the retail market and the increase in interest rates.
- CPI Tops List Of Indicators. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;04/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31119, p2
Reports on the scheduled release of economic data in the United States in April 2001. Expected increase in consumer price index; Housing starts and building permit; Initial jobless claims for the week ended April 14; Release of the Treasury Department's budget statement for March.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Chip; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p2
Presents economics-related news from the United States. Consumer price index and other indicators for December 2000; Business inventories in November 2000; Tender rates for the U.S. Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills, recent as of January 17, 2001.
- May CPI Up 0.1%; Rate Worry Recedes. // American Banker;6/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 115, p24
Focuses on statistics on consumer prices in the United States for May 2000. How the consumer price index rose; What limited the effect of the biggest rise in food costs in more than 18 months; Increases that analysts had expected in both the overall and core indexes for May.