IRS Releases Electricity Output Rules
- IRS Regulation's Cloudy Future Frustrates Utilities, LPPC Says. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p7
Reports that uncertainty over the future of the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) electricity output rules prevents some public utilities from issuing forward refunding bonds as of March 20, 2000. Large Public Power Council chairman Graham Edwards' call on the IRS to resolve the...
- Where the money is. Kuhn, Tom // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p10
Comments on the decision of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to allow municipal electric utilities to compete against private, tax-paying utilities. Provisions of the regulation released by the IRS concerning the municipal utilities; Views on municipal utilities with major...
- Washington report. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Jun95, Vol. 209 Issue 6, p5
Profiles matters of regulatory interest and note involving the electric utilities in the United States. Includes survey of state public utility commission staff members which found that competition is not yet a reality making a repeal of the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act premature;...
- RI finds support for restructuring. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, p8
Reports on a electricity restructuring pact by the Rhode Island in May 1995 which gained widespread industry support. Details on the pact; Major provisions of the deal.
- Reregulation--it's inevitable. Irwin, Patricia // Electrical World;Feb97, Vol. 211 Issue 2, p22
Presents an overview on the reregulation of electric utilities in United States. Reason for electric reregulation; Creation of an oversight board to help regulate electric reliability; Introduction of low income assistance programs; Issue on tax and services; Problems in the reregulation;...
- PUC releases competitive service regulations. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p19
Focuses on the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada's release of proposed licensing regulations for alternative electric service companies which will enter the Nevada market in 1999. Statements and documents that the companies will be required to present under the regulations; Contact information.
- An industry in need of a strategy. Ledger, Frank // Management Today;Jul95, p5
Comments on the government policy concerning the electric power industry in Great Britain. Implementation of the electricity generation market; Privatization's impact on the industry; Limitations of the generation market.
- Mich. wheeling pilot may lower costs by 15-30%. Dougherty, Rob // Energy User News;Nov96, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the proposed open-access program of the state of Michigan which is aimed at opening the state's electricity market to out-of-state utilities. Consumers Power's need for more electricity as the reason behind the creation of the program; Potential electricity cost savings for...
- What happens when the rules are changed and the plug is pulled on electric utilities? Stelzer, Irwin M. // American Enterprise;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p76
Discusses the benefits and drawbacks of government action permitting open competition between electric utilities. Lack of competition between electric companies; Effect on value of electric plants; State regulators and environmentalists as opposed to the action.