The Public Sphere and Party Change: Explaining the Modernisation of the Australian Labor Party in the 1960s
- The ALP reform challenge: the 2011 national conference -- another big stumble along the way. HUNDLEY, IAN // D!ssent;Autumn/Winter 2012, Issue 38, p10
The article ponders on the challenges facing the supporters of democratic reform in the Australian Labor Party (ALP) as of 2012. Topics discussed include the ALP national conference that was held in 2011, the number of reported national membership of ALP, and the occurrence of branch stacking....
- No winners in the final battle of the class war. Richardson, Graham // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/30/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6091, p37
Argues that while in government, the Australian Labour Party abandoned the ideals it was founded upon, such as the socialization of the means of production, distribution and exchange. Changes for the Liberals as well; Union affiliation of majority of the delegates at every Labor Party...
- Labor Class of '98. Johns, Gary // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the recruits to Australia's Labor Party as the result of the October 1998 election. Individuals who have returned; Person who replaces Mal Colston in the Senate; Remarkable membership change.
- Labor gets smart, the Howard way. Oakes, Laurie // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/30/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6202, p34
Reveals the Australian Labor Party's position on various issues. Includes the government's proposed business tax changes; Regulation introducing a three-year temporary visa for refugees arriving in the country; Political strategies employed by the party.
- Party reform, a work of faction. Rivers, Murray // BRW;7/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p82
Criticizes the Labor Party in Australia. Status of the Labor Party; Expectations of the party.
- A world of social justice. Forman, David; Way, Nicholas // BRW;03/03/97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p42
Considers how social democratic parties worldwide are trying to decide where they stand in terms of the role of the state in free-market economics. Australian Labor Party; New Zealand Labor Party; British Labor Party; Discussion of the report `Social Justice: Strategies for National Renewal.'
- Lost souls. Wright, Tony // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p28
Reports on the Australian Labor Party. Impact of resignations from the party; Fragmentation of the support base of the group; Political stance of Labor.
- Labor's lament. Trioli, Virginia // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6302, p33
Reports on the political stance of the Australian Labor Party (ALP). Details on the asylum-seekers stance of the political party; Comments on the political strategies of the party; Support base of ALP.
- NSW ALP in control. Fray, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/20/94, Vol. 116 Issue 5951, p12
Reports on the increasing popularity of the Labor Opposition party in New South Wales, Australia according to a public survey by Bulletin/AGB McNair. Public support changes for other political parties; Issues harming the Labor Opposition's image.