Advance makes play for 'Mode.'
- This year's model. Granatstein, Lisa // Brandweek;03/02/98, Vol. 39 Issue 9, Magazine Report p48
Profiles Nancy Nadler LeWinter and Julie Lewit-Nirenberg, co-publishers of `Mode' magazine. How the two got the concept for `Mode'; Details about the beginning of `Mode'; Example of reader response to the magazine; Partnership with Stanley Harris of Stanley Harris Publications; Other magazines...
- This year's model. Granatstein, Lisa // Adweek Western Edition;03/02/98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, Magazine Report p48
Presents the partnership between publishing professionals Nancy Nadler LeWinter and Julie Lewit-Nirenberg as the honorees for the Startup of the Year for 1997. Launching of the Mode magazine which was conceived by LeWinter and Lewit-Nirenberg; Discussion regarding the growth in the finances and...
- This year's model. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;03/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 9, pMR48
Features Nancy Nadler LeWinter and Julie Lewit-Nirenberg, veterans of top-drawer fashion and beauty books, who were chosen as Adweek's Startup of the Year. Launching of Mode magazine under LeWinter and Lewit-Nirenberg; Mode's first anniversary issue; Their plans for the magazine.
- Brady's Bunch. Brady, James // Advertising Age;4/6/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p30
The article presents updates on several publications in the U.S. Nancy Nadler LeWinter and Julie Lewit-Nirenberg, founders of "Mode," expect that their rate base by 1999 will be half a million. Michael Gould of Bloomingdale will host a book party for Shirley Lord, editor of "Harper's Bazaar" and...
- AN EX-PUBLISHER AIRS HER DIRTY LAUNDRY. Posnock, Susan Thea // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jul2003, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p41
Presents an interview with former magazine publisher Julie Lewit-Nirenberg about her career. Number of years spent in publishing; Women's lifestyle magazine titles published; Resignation from the job; Establishment of a laundry business.
- Freedom Magazines buys 50% stake in fashion title. Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;9/22/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 38, p3
The article reports on a multimillion-dollar investment made by Freedom Communications in Mode magazine in 1997, forming a partnership with founding Publishers Julie Lewit-Nirenberg and Nancy LeWinter. As part of the deal, Freedom has bought out the original 50% stake invested by Stanley Harris...
- Folio: M&A scorecard. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p19
Presents a review of selected mergers and acquisitions in the magazine industry from July 7 to August 7, 1999. Includes listing of acquisitions of companies; Acquisitions of magazines or other products.
- Publishers are prey to predators. // Printing World;9/8/2005, Vol. 291 Issue 10, p30
Focuses on the findings of a report that twenty-two of the top newspaper and magazine publishers are easy prey for hostile takeover in Great Britain.
- LD & ED MERGE TO FORM LIVE DESIGN. // Lighting Dimensions;Nov2005, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p14
Announces the merger of the print properties of "Entertainment Design" and "Lighting Dimensions" magazines into a multimedia information franchise entitled "Live Design" in the U.S. Significance of the move; Impact of the merger on the designers, programmers and technicians in the entertainment...