Reinventing The Prepaid Wheel
- Prepaid wireless. // Communications News;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p10
Reports the development in the prepaid wireless services according to a study in New York. Increase in the usage of prepaid plans in 1998 to the year 2003; Difference between prepaid and postpaid plans.
- For NFC,A Waiting Game. Green, Jeff // Cards & Payments;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Dan Balaban on the Near Field Communication (NFC) payments in Austria and China and another by Martin Ferenczi on the NFC payments in the U.S.
- The anti-bill. Kenny, Lawrence // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p35
Reports on the United States wireless carriers' use of prepaid cards to accommodate customers who are not well served by traditional post-pay agreements. Advantage and disadvantage of prepaid service; Average prices for prepaid wireless.
- When will prepay in the USA have its day? Lindstrom, Annie // America's Network;09/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 14, Pushing the Envelope pS9
Looks at prepaid billing in the wireless communications industry in the United States (US). Why prepay is not popular in the US; Stigma of prepay; Why prepay does not cost less than postpaid.
- MOBILE PAYMENTS: DO MERCHANTS HAVE THE HOT POTATO? Towle, Holly K. // SciTech Lawyer;Winter/Spring2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3/4, p47
The article focuses on the introduction of new payment methods (NPM) in the U.S. and around the world. It states that mobile payments may be defined as payments made with a mobile device or applications that might be on the phone or are otherwise used by devices relating to the NPM. It further...
- Cingular introduces micropayment billing. // RCR Wireless News;6/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p14
Reports that Cingular Wireless has introduced its national wireless micropayment billing service, Cingular DirectBill in June 2001. Benefits of the service to customers.
- One step at a time. Burton, Robin // Utility Week;5/2/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p24
Reports on the prepay wireless telecommunication market in Great Britain as of May 2003. Customer base of most operator from prepay customers; Saturation of the market; Limitations to most prepay schemes.
- Merchants May Resist Standalone EMV Readers. // ISO & Agent Weekly;2/20/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p17
The article presents information on standalone EMV-chip card readers that comes with in-built PIN pad that connects wirelessly with phone of merchant but it is not considered as a convenience by merchants.
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p20
Features news briefs on wireless communication as of December 24, 2001. Information on Qualcomm Inc.; Facts on the DragonBall MX1 microprocessor of Motorola Inc.; Announcement on the release of the wireless payment acceptance software Skypay in the United States.