- Agent incentives. // Travel Agent;06/02/97, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p46
Reports that Avis Rent-a-Car System is offering its `One Day Free With a Weekly Rental' program for travel agents.
- Rent a stock. // Crain's New York Business;09/29/97, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p54
Reports that the shares of Avis Rent A Car Incorporated rose in first-day trading, benefiting from the rental-car company's low initial price. Factors that boosted the price; How the rental company's shares were priced.
- More acquisitions for Avis. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/18/98, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p15
Reports on Avis Rent-A-Car Systems Inc.'s completion of its purchase of the Avis system franchises and related vehicles for several cities around the United States. Value of the acquisition; Avis' strategy to increase the number of airport locations it owns; Settlement of a discrimination...
- Don't know where to turn? Your car may tell you. Giddings, Paull M. // Medical Economics;10/09/95, Vol. 72 Issue 19, p18
Features the technological aspects of rental automobiles from Avis. Use of a navigation system for directions in unfamiliar areas; Places covered; Plans for the addition of digital maps; Rental rates for automobiles.
- Believe it or not, no. 2. Pedone, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/08/98, Vol. 45 Issue 23, p1A
Reports on the termination of Avis Rent-A-Car Systems Inc. Chairman Joseph V. Vittoria's employment contract with the company in January 1997. Vittoria's salary in 1997; Discrimination lawsuit against the company.
- Avis chooses American Express marketer for top UK sales position. // Marketing Week;7/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the appointment of Matt Andrews as director of sales and marketing for Avis Rent A Car in Great Britain. Predecessor to the post; Agencies handling the company's advertising and media planning and buying accounts; Introduction of a Commonwealth Games promotion by the company.
- Trying harder still in style. // Advertising Age;9/1/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 35, p37
Presents an advertisement for Avis Rent A Car System, which breaks in September 1997.
- Miller now at the Wheel for Avis. Stevens, Shannon // Brandweek;05/04/98, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p64
Features Maria Miller, senior vice president of marketing at Avis Rent-a-Car. Expertise in marketing consumer products and travel-related services; Career achievements; Educational background.
- Dim now, brighter later. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/2/2001, p16
Focuses on the development of the business operations of Avis company. Effects of fall in tourism to the business operations; Bargains offered by local leisure industry; Forecast on prices.